The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T61 sometimes feels like an NA...

garetheves

...I keep blowing my IC pipes off but as Sod's law would dictate its never the easy to reach ones in the engine bay or front of the bumper, it's the one right at the back where i have to take the entire bumper off to get to it.

Whats the best way to make sure they stay connected. Ive done the clamps up as tight as i possibly can without them snapping but this is the 2nd time its happened.

They can produce a lot more clamping force, they use bolts instead of screws.

Do your ic pipes have a bead of weld around the edge of the pipes as this helps to stop slippage occuring.

All but one of them but funnnily enough, the one without the beads has held strong, its the other it keeps blowing off.

haven't got a clue what makes them so good but they work a lot better than those thin ones.

I had the exact same prob with my polished IC pipe where it connects to the stock pipes down along side the battery(the reducer hosing)

I got some very good clips from paul e with the piping, but it was still happening, got so pissed off I reverted to your average run of the mill jubilee clips (2 thin ones) and it hasnt come off in 2 months now, before it was a daily issue.

Might just add that paul e's pipes clips were not to blame it was just the angle of the bend on the reducer pipe was to small for them.

I can't believe beaded pipes with tight jubie clips pop off :blink: You have got the jubilee clip the right side of the bead haven't you :D And you clean off all the PCV oil from the pipe and hose before refitting?

-Ian

Yup and Yup. I couldnt believe it either, especially the second time it happened tonight. Really went with a pop, at the end of rev range in 4th so im guessing it only just didnt hold on, a few seconds earlier and it would have been fine.

Yup and Yup. I couldnt believe it either, especially the second time it happened tonight. Really went with a pop, at the end of rev range in 4th so im guessing it only just didnt hold on, a few seconds earlier and it would have been fine.

Are the pipes all secured correctly and not flexing/hitting something when under high boost?

Guest dee_rz
Double jubilee clip is a good idea actually, twice the surface area. I'd be wary of using adhesives :blink:

-Ian

agreed with ian here bigtime.....adhesives :rolleyes: i wouldn't