The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Pillar Pod

Hayixer

Looking at fitting a 3 gauge A Pillar Pod, anyone know of ones that should be avoided or that they would highly reccomend .Appreciate your advice. Did like the look of the glove compartment one but that means loseing the Air Bag & then possibly the old bag :eyebrows: good job she dosn't read the forums :)

Looking at fitting a 3 gauge A Pillar Pod, anyone know of ones that should be avoided or that they would highly reccomend .Appreciate your advice. Did like the look of the glove compartment one but that means loseing the Air Bag & then possibly the old bag :eyebrows: good job she dosn't read the forums :)

I have a Miami-GT 2 guage a pilllar pod, and I cant faul it. it replaces the a pillar trim, right over the door too. So I'd reccomened their 3 guage pod too.

I was really anal about getting one that fitted well and looked OEM, some that I'd seen around didn't fit properly, were too short and didn't overlap with the rear panel (by your head), etc.

I was dead pleased with my Envy one though. (Dual pod, I'm sure they do three as well though?).

I'm yet to find one that really meets all the basic things you'd expect - matches existing trim, fits properly and has fixings.

I'm loathe to say it but the Envy one I have is probably the best of the ones available but with no integral fixings and a poor finish on the pods (a token attempt to match the finish of the rest of the piece) it's still not ideal. However unlike most it does at least fit without leaving huge gaps.

You might find these threads of interest:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59980&

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59868&

As far as I am aware Miami-GT are the only company on here offering a '3' gauge pillar pod for the Supra.

My thoughts too, however when I tried to get Paul to post some pictures of the 3 pod in-situ ... well I'm still waiting.

I got the Envy 2 pod one in the end and the quality is pretty good, It's a shame that none of the aftermarket pillars with pods have stock mounting points. I ended up fibreglassing a bit of bracket to the back and screwing it on behind the gauge, but the top has no fixing at all other than tucking behind the B-pillar trim.

My recommendation would be to find someone with one and have a look at theirs - make your decision from that.

Mike

I have the 2 gauge pillar pod from Miami-GT.

Its not the same colour as my interior OEM trim, its darker, however you can't really notice it once your sat in the car.

I'd guess that the 3-Gauge pilar pod from Miami-GT is a composite like the 2-gauge I have.

Im happy with the finish of mine, and to be honest its hard to colour match gel coat so its like OEM.

IMO, it could do with being a little longer where it runs above the door so that it tucks under the plastic trim covering the B-pillar, I extended mine by 1/2 inch.

I've used a plastic screw to fix it to the A-pillar where there is a threaded hole for a grab handle like you have on the passenger A-pillar. A bit of velcro at the base of the A-Pillar secures it lower down, and tucking it into the B-Pillar trim secures it above the door.

I've never seen the Envy one, so can't comment on that.

I have the miami-gt one too.

It's not bad but as has been mentioned it is a bit short (hard to reach the b-pilar) and has no built in fixings. I managed to make it fit reasonably well though even so.

but in terms of 3 gauge a-pilar pods, there just arn't many to choose from anyway!

Sorry that should have been, new at this !!

If you get one and are not happy then I will replace / refund

Can't say fairer than that?

Money where mouth is etc

Make ya right Paul, will make decision soon.

Cheers Bob.......