The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVti 6 speed NA supra!!

Ian Hayward

Hi guys

I just recently bought my supra in October for under 10k which I thought was a bargain as it was 2000 (W) reg and had only done 30,000 miles.

It was completely standard and didnt even have a single stone scratch on it!!

I also found out it was a VVTi engine and its 6 speed!!

I didnt even think they made those for an N/A car.

What i thought was a bargain at first is startin to piss me off cos now noone will confirm their parts will be compatible with my car.

Apparently its classed as the F1 model.

Can anyone give me anymore info on it as i took to santa pod on saturday completely standard and got a 15.2 qtr mile and i had no grip either for the launch

Thanx

Ian

FI - Foreign Import or Something to do with the old MkIII depending who you talk too.

There's no such thing as a MkIV Supra FI or F1 model. Doesn't exist. Your insurance company isn't Admiral/Bell direct is it per chance?

How do you buy a car and "find out" it's a 6spd?

Im gettin toyota to run a check on the car at the mo

My insurance company is elephant.

I think its the same group as admiral and bell!! why do they talk shit?

Ill put some pics up in a mo

dont have many though

Yeah, same bunch of muppets. They tried to convince me every time I renewed that I had an FI model on my old 95 SZ (non turbo).

Took some sorting to get it right on the paperwork each time.

In the end I just assumed it meant Foreign Import and went with it (as it was also cheaper).

Toyota won't know jack about your car unless you're really lucky! Hope you wrote down the mileage ;)

Have fun with your new toy!

Im gettin toyota to run a check on the car at the mo

My insurance company is elephant.

I think its the same group as admiral and bell!! why do they talk shit?

Ill put some pics up in a mo

dont have many though

Did you buy this from around Burton way?

When I was looking at buying my supe there was a W reg for sale in Burton for around 10k - also a n/a,

If i see the pics I will know instantly as I have a pic of it on my pc as I went to see it, is very nice! edited - I have the printout from off the autotrader website of the advertisment.

Gaz

Did you buy this from around Burton way?

When I was looking at buying my supe there was a W reg for sale in Burton for around 10k - also a n/a,

If i see the pics I will know instantly as I have a pic of it on my pc as I went to see it, is very nice! edited - I have the printout from off the autotrader website of the advertisment.

Gaz

Yes mate it was. I nice guy named Mark Styne sold it me

As soon as i saw it a had to buy it cos it was the best lookin one iv ever seen, absolutely immaculate.

Ill av to get some pics and post them at the weekend

Ian

Hey mate yeah mine is the first video!!

I was the one that got beat by the red mr2 turbo. well pissed

Was the track really slippy or was it just me bein too heavy footed?

What do you think of the car? its completely standard so it didnt do too bad

It wasn't just you mate, the TT's were only averaging 14, the 6 speed ones were spinning all the way though 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

15.2 is a good time for an NA, check out some of the forum times here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=29073

Question though did any of the podders warm the tyres up before going up the strip? a little spin up of the tyres?

Oooooh yes ;) First run I only wheelspin it a little and ended up with a 13.9, Second run I managed a small burnout with the TC on (???) and managed a 15.0. Third run I did a huge burnout (1st time I've ever done this!) and managed a 13.5.

On that last run everything seemed to hook up properly off the line and got a 2.2 60ft, but it was still slipping in all gears (even going into 4th)!

A 15.2 on that day was pretty good, though I expect the traction wasn't such a problem with the NA.

Umm kei racing D1s nice. Was gonna get them for mine. Them wheels werent on the pics I saw of it, did you fit them? The pics I saw it just came with the facelift alloys.

Looks nice anyway mate, good buy.

Gaz

Yeh the car came with the standard 16" toyota alloys.

Iv always thought that its important to av nice wheels so I bought the D1s after havin the car for two days!

The original wheels have got brand new tyres on, only done bout 50 miles.

If anyone wants these i could let them go for a reasonable offer, or should I keep them and use them for track days?