The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knackered Diff/Large Diff Casing

Sheefa

Not trying to interfere, but if your goal is to put an LSD into a large case diff you still need the crown wheel and pinion and side shafts and bearing carriers to be in perfect order in the large diff, as they are all re-used when converting. Only a small part is changed when adding a different LSD section, or adding one to an open diff. just in case you thought you could use a knackered one as a base....

Not trying to interfere, but if your goal is to put an LSD into a large case diff you still need the crown wheel and pinion and side shafts and bearing carriers to be in perfect order in the large diff, as they are all re-used when converting. Only a small part is changed when adding a different LSD section, or adding one to an open diff. just in case you thought you could use a knackered one as a base....

Thanks Chris. As I'm upgrading to the OS Gilken I was indeed just looking for the casing and accompanying parts to slot my UK TT manual diff into and sell complete. Nobody seems to want a reliable diff internal on its own!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.