The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW - SRD1000 Build & Darnley AutoWorks Bodywork Project

GlennK

I've now got the engine build squared off - with a Stage 5 head too. So it's quite ready for 1000+ :eyebrows:

Still undecided (almost) on the turbo..the 6870 may be a bit laggier than the 6466 but I'll have to see what Luc's dyno results show..

So whilst the engine is out time to start the bodywork project...

IMG-20151031-WA0003.jpg

I've asked Rob Mitchell to freshen the bodywork up - get the nicks, scratches, cracks and body panels tidied then a full respray in AMG Mercedes Obsidian Black (a mate has an AMG S63 bi-turbo with this paint and its awesome).

AND - I've decided on Ferrari yellow for the KSport calipers.

Also, I have a new charcoal black dash set and a pair of Recaro Trendlines to go in, facelift rear lights, and awaiting UK glass headlights. Audio will be upgraded with GZ rear speaker duct boxes, along with K2 Power 165KRC replacement front speakers.

Lee is stripping the car down before getting over to Rob to start his magic :cool:

Over to you Rob :ok:

Edited by GlennK (see edit history)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Budz86

Looking forward to the updates Glenn, ypu staying stock with the bodywork?

As said, would need to be the 6870 for 1000+ but they seem to be getting very common these days! 😉

Looking forward to the updates Glenn, ypu staying stock with the bodywork?

As said, would need to be the 6870 for 1000+ but they seem to be getting very common these days! 

Looking very much like the 6870...unless a new one comes out soon that is between the 6466 and 6870. The 7175 as far as I can tell is even laggier..

Not stock - keeping my classic Veilside look (well, now without my double wing - have a TRD carbon now)...:cool:

Guest Budz86
Looking very much like the 6870...unless a new one comes out soon that is between the 6466 and 6870. The 7175 as far as I can tell is even laggier..

Not stock - keeping my classic Veilside look (well, now without my double wing - have a TRD carbon now)...:cool:

That would be ideal! Love my 64 and it spools nicely, but does seem to run out of puff higher up the rev range unless you run ethanol; then it just feels mental! Lol. Would be nice to have a bit more power on pump and a bit more boost but don't know if I'd want much more lag. Think there are a lot of people waiting for Luc's dyno plot! Lol

That would be ideal! Love my 64 and it spools nicely, but does seem to run out of puff higher up the rev range unless you run ethanol; then it just feels mental! Lol. Would be nice to have a bit more power on pump and a bit more boost but don't know if I'd want much more lag. Think there are a lot of people waiting for Luc's dyno plot! Lol

It will be interesting to see Lucs and then see mine as mine is vvti. Luc is going vvti but later on in the year.

It will be interesting to see Lucs and then see mine as mine is vvti. Luc is going vvti but later on in the year.

Cheers guys. I should provide a dynoplot within the next 3-4 weeks ;)

Yeah Chris : your VVTi vs my non-VVTi will be a nice comparision. What dyno will you be using?

Guest Budz86

That will be a good comparison, I keep forgetting you've gone vvti too Chris! I have a feeling 2016 is going to be a game changer for the UK (and Luxembourg 😉) supra community. Some big builds going on and plenty of variations, but with enough common points to get some real good data.

1000 is the new 600 chaps; you heard it here first!