The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remote Mapping

Jellybean

I asked about this a couple of years ago, but things move on ; a tuner in the UK said they can remote map off the logs / internet connection with the AEM Infinity

Does Syvecs offer the same service , I also asked Fraser Mac Kellar too.

It is $$ for me to get the car to the UK and back, I cannot afford to take time off work ; multiple people have issues with the local guy plus their solvency is under review ; I would rather not have money tied up in them

My car is BPU JDM 6 speed with 264 cams so a base map should be 80% there if not more

Thanks

If you need the car to be drivable, I can probably create a good base map for you via remote mapping. Should be good enough to get you to the dyno for the full map.

Would a PNP Supra infinity not have a good base map already ?

Why get the 8 over the 10 or vise versa ;8 seems more than capable?

Yes Syvecs its absolutely remote mappable.

Ryan was going to do it for me but I got Romain to do it instead as I thought it would be easier for the mapper to be with the car.

I got mine running with a Basemap from Lee, did the initial configuration and assignments myself. Then had Ryan remotely tweak it on my driveway, to get it running well enough for me to drive it safely to the dyno. Ryan then remotely mapped it from Dubai.

However, they do then need a certain amount of tweaking when driving on the road afterwards, this was done by Ash at SRD. Never underestimate the importance of this stage. It's that final 10% that makes all the difference to how nice the car is to drive. I'd be looking into renting a DYNO and flying someone over to you for 1-2 days to get it right.

Why don't you just use TDP.ie or Richard Bradley? Both very reputable, proven and very familiar with 2JZ's.

My friends standard skyline back down in TDP every time he turns the key , fuel consumption through the roof, idle issues since the ecu was installed and every excuse from the Alarm to a fuse in the radio, my other good friend with the t04z , disaster; car has never run right since they touched it, I have other friends burnt with being charged for new parts and having there old parts sandblasted , pawned off as new

They have downsized plus questions about how financial solvent they are , owes my friend 6k for a motec he paid for but has not seen it in 5 years

I rang TDP to discuss a link but they could not give me a straight answer on ecu just spouting lamda numbers at me

, they did not seem to know differences between the models , trying to get a price was like pulling teeth

Still waiting for a reply on what my options are , unfortunately I have to come on here and link forum to deceiver the models so I can get answers to what they should be telling me, I wouldn't have confidence in them

I am more annoyed or frustrated at companies down south who lend themselfs as experts in the field and have a price point to match but when they cannot deliver they kick the can down the road with every excuse, yet still deem it is acceptable to charge a premium price for their expertise and hand you back your item just as broke; with the attitude it will be grand

Alot of cowboys here and they are all the same drift circle

U.K. Is the only place to go

I got mine running with a Basemap from Lee, did the initial configuration and assignments myself. Then had Ryan remotely tweak it on my driveway, to get it running well enough for me to drive it safely to the dyno. Ryan then remotely mapped it from Dubai.

However, they do then need a certain amount of tweaking when driving on the road afterwards, this was done by Ash at SRD. Never underestimate the importance of this stage. It's that final 10% that makes all the difference to how nice the car is to drive. I'd be looking into renting a DYNO and flying someone over to you for 1-2 days to get it right.

Thanks , could you map it off the logs as opposed a dyno ?

The mappers in regards say they need an Internet connection but what does that mean?

I presume I need a Windows pc, appropriate software installed, hook up to the ecu , does the mapper Remote Desktop into my pc or over Skype direct me to do X Y Z ?

My friends standard skyline back down in TDP every time he turns the key , fuel consumption through the roof, idle issues since the ecu was installed and every excuse from the Alarm to a fuse in the radio, my other good friend with the t04z , disaster; car has never run right since they touched it, I have other friends burnt with being charged for new parts and having there old parts sandblasted , pawned off as new

They have downsized plus questions about how financial solvent they are , owes my friend 6k for a motec he paid for but has not seen it in 5 years

I rang TDP to discuss a link but they could not give me a straight answer on ecu just spouting lamda numbers at me

, they did not seem to know differences between the models , trying to get a price was like pulling teeth

Still waiting for a reply on what my options are , unfortunately I have to come on here and link forum to deceiver the models so I can get answers to what they should be telling me, I wouldn't have confidence in them

I am more annoyed or frustrated at companies down south who lend themselfs as experts in the field and have a price point to match but when they cannot deliver they kick the can down the road with every excuse, yet still deem it is acceptable to charge a premium price for their expertise and hand you back your item just as broke; with the attitude it will be grand

Alot of cowboys here and they are all the same drift circle

U.K. Is the only place to go

Jesus that's bad. I personally don't know anyone who's had a car mapped by them, I've just heard they're good. Although I have had MANY friends had cars mapped by Richard Bradley and never any problems, at all. Also he maps the majority of cars in the IDC as well. I know if I get a car mapped it'll be taken to him, no question about it. Niall Power is getting his LINK G4+ Extreme mapped by Richard soon so have a word with him and see 👍

Just out of curiosity who do Marty/colin use?

Jesus that's bad. I personally don't know anyone who's had a car mapped by them, I've just heard they're good. Although I have had MANY friends had cars mapped by Richard Bradley and never any problems, at all. Also he maps the majority of cars in the IDC as well. I know if I get a car mapped it'll be taken to him, no question about it. Niall Power is getting his LINK G4+ Extreme mapped by Richard soon so have a word with him and see

Just out of curiosity who do Marty/colin use?

Marty and Colin use Dimitri from Greece but it is $$$ to fly him over for on person

Richard, personally I would have reservations using him as he is associated with drifting ; their are alot of bad apples in the drift circle, taking money and not delivering , disappearing into the wind

I would rather pay the extra to go the UK to use reputable mappers like Fraser Mac Kellar, Dave Rowe , Ryan/Romain ; I was hoping to avail of their services via remote session to keep costs down , you would imagine a base map on a 2jz now should be 85% there

I would rather pay the extra to go the UK to use reputable mappers like Fraser Mac Kellar, Dave Rowe , Ryan/Romain ; I was hoping to avail of their services via remote session to keep costs down , you would imagine a base map on a 2jz now should be 85% there

Have you contacted Ryan or Romain regarding this?

Marty and Colin use Dimitri from Greece but it is $$$ to fly him over for on person

Richard, personally I would have reservations using him as he is associated with drifting ; their are alot of bad apples in the drift circle, taking peoples money and not delivering , disappearing

Pretty much all of what you just posted is a lie.

Richard, personally I would have reservations using him as he is associated with drifting ; their are alot of bad apples in the drift circle, taking money and not delivering , disappearing into the wind

And throughout this whole thread and all the other ones about mapping you have recently posted you are crying poverty for going to the UK so I don't see you spending any extra on anything tbh.....

Yes people ASSOCIATED with the drift scene, not him. He is 100% and his business is built on reputation.

That's just like saying oh I wouldn't use RyanG, I heard someone he mapped a supra for was arrested for stealing cars a while back. Unjustified tbh.

And if anything, the majority of people the drift scene are the best people out there helping each other in ways no one else would. The sportsmanship in the IDC now is incredible, people even fixing other competitors cars for them to get another battle, when they could have easily taken a free win etc.

Yes there are bad people involved with drifting, a very small minority, but then again you'll find that in any circle.

Anyways, back on topic..

Have you contacted Ryan or Romain regarding this?

Not yet, was just talking to Lee on price to go over, getting her dynoed here Saturday to check AFR, detonation etc

I did not realise remote mapping had come on so far , one of the AEM tuners posted last nite a remote map they did, weighing up my options , on pricing ; I would like AEM or Syvecs due to vol of 2jz's running them

Not yet, was just talking to Lee on price to go over, getting her dynoed here Saturday to check AFR, detonation etc

I did not realise remote mapping had come on so far , one of the AEM tuners posted last nite a remote map they did, weighing up my options , on pricing ; I would like AEM or Syvecs due to vol of 2jz's running them

Lol you literally do not listen to anything anyone tells you when you ask for advice. Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind and really are just asking all these questions so that someone will confirm your choice. Sure a few threads ago you wanted a piggy-back to keep the sequential operation....

Yes people ASSOCIATED with the drift scene, not him. He is 100% and his business is built on reputation.

That's just like saying oh I wouldn't use RyanG, I heard someone he mapped a supra for was arrested for stealing cars a while back. Unjustified tbh.

And if anything, the majority of people the drift scene are the best people out there helping each other in ways no one else would. The sportsmanship in the IDC now is incredible, people even fixing other competitors cars for them to get another battle, when they could have easily taken a free win etc.

Yes there are bad people involved with drifting, a very small minority, but then again you'll find that in any circle.

Anyways, back on topic..

Nothing against Richard or anybody, I even tried to engage with TDP against my better judgement; I wanted to have a conversation with Robbie , who I got on the phone I dont know! I am trying my best to use somebody local, I dont want to go the UK when I could have a mapper 30mins down the road.

I am sure Richard is good at what he does. I have and close firends had bad experiences with reputable mechanics who key market for promoting their ability is drifting, as you say they are all associated with each other but unfortunately as good as Richard or other mechanics maybe; based on my experience and perception of these "Drift" garages; I am not willing to loose thousands again on a hope and a prayer they will deliver on what they are paid to do.

Other than forum feedback , I have no personal experience of Richard or any close friends who used him; I have to based my decision off the experience I had within his Motorsport circle.

Nothing against Richard or anybody, I even tried to engage with TDP against my better judgement; I wanted to have a conversation with Robbie , who I got on the phone I dont know! I am trying my best to use somebody local, I dont want to go the UK when I could have a mapper 30mins down the road.

I am sure Richard is good at what he does. I have and close firends had bad experiences with reputable mechanics who key market for promoting their ability is drifting, as you say they are all associated with each other but unfortunately as good as Richard or other mechanics maybe; based on my experience and perception of these "Drift" garages; I am not willing to loose thousands again on a hope and a prayer they will deliver on what they are paid to do.

Other than forum feedback , I have no personal experience of Richard or any close friends who used him; I have to based my decision off the experience I had within his Motorsport circle.

That's fair enough, but I'd speak to people who have actually used him before you make a judgement. I could tell you things about people who have worked on your car which would put you off for life too!

The only downside about Richard is that things usually aren't done quickly, as he is just so busy. Any time you're at his house theres no room to move. lol

That's fair enough, but I'd speak to people who have actually used him before you make a judgement. I could tell you things about people who have worked on your car which would put you off for life too!

The only downside about Richard is that things usually aren't done quickly, as he is just so busy. Any time you're at his house theres no room to move. lol

lol.....