The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A point in the right direction please

Crash Bandicoot

That was exactly what I'm looking for :thumbs: yeah hat off to him! I've looked at kits on eBay.com in America and they go for between $800 and $2000. I'm sure when I've got money for one ill be asking the forum experts on which one to get :D

Nothing from the states. Import duty etc makes it rather expensive. Better off going for a Whifbitz kit or sourcing parts yourself from the uk ;)

That's a long distance from me too :/ ill keep an eye out for a kit, btw there's a guy on gumtree advertising a greddy t88 kit for £1200 beware tho, I've been informed by gumtree that its a scam, yet they keep the ad up... Anyone know of a kit that's a reasonable price please let me know. As I'm hoping to go turbo before the SWAS on 16th June. Wheels, turbo, stubby aerial, and tints to be done before show. Wheels should be with me by next wed, aerial whenever the group bye goes through. Tints when I get round to the tint shop. And turbo when I find a good price :) the build is starting to progress... Watch this space

The price of sourcing all the parts comes to much more than a complete kit, whifbitz ones are quite expensive too compared to kits that cost less but have the same parts

My advice would be to buy a quality kit that is fit for purpose, Whifbitz, Powerhouse Racing and Boost Logic all do decent quality kits for the 2JZ-GE. One thing to note, if you do buy from the states make sure the kit will fit a right hand drive car as you can get issues with steering rack/column clearance with kits that have been designed for a LHD US Supra.

Jay, if you think you can do an NA-T yourself a TT transplant is really easy in comparison

Just remember buying a cheap NA-T kit is not going to necessarily save you money in the long run

Also as well as the kit you are going to need gauges, minimum of a piggyback ECU, uprated clutch and mapping, there proberbly a far few things I have missed as well

If you have sourced complete TT engines with loom and everything needed for a trans plant for 2k, that's going to work out cheaper if you can do the work yourself, the hardest bit is lifting the engines in and out

For a better idea on the parts needed and costs, speak to Noz or Buster, they have both gone NA-T, Buster is obviously just about to complete his, so his pricing will be very upto date

I dont know how much they cost now, but Dr_Jekyll (also a good person to speak to/pm) had great success with XS Power components. Thats about as cheap as it will get for a new kit i think in the UK.

If not wanting to spend over £2k, then as Rog says, go NA-TT.

Once you add all the parts together, including ECU/Piggyback, mapping, it will cost at least £2k with decent second hand parts.

Remember, buy right, buy once. I wouldnt rely on bargain parts personally.

Advice taken :thumbs: I've emailed the guys with the engines. Just waiting on replies. Can put a good deposit down on one now and pay the rest next pay day. Is there anything that's worth doing while the engines out? Going to give it a good tidy up and some bling bits while its easy to access. But will take my time with the transplant, labelling everything that comes out and goes back in. I've done saxo vts transplants before a few times... But this is a whole other level :/

Advice taken :thumbs: I've emailed the guys with the engines. Just waiting on replies. Can put a good deposit down on one now and pay the rest next pay day. Is there anything that's worth doing while the engines out? Going to give it a good tidy up and some bling bits while its easy to access. But will take my time with the transplant, labelling everything that comes out and goes back in. I've done saxo vts transplants before a few times... But this is a whole other level :/

So you are going NA-TT then? :thumbs:

Are you auto or manual? I'm sure NA auto boxes aren't as strong as TT auto boxes. And the NA w58 manual box is ok for BPU as long as its in good condition. Mines been running BPU on a w58 for a few years, and Rog's is still on a 58 too.