The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which tyres are best? (I've not learnt about the search function yet)

Guest sco350

Guest sco350

needing rear tyres for my TT. what are you using/ whats recommended? standard 17" rims and only mildly tuned and only road use, so something practical that won't try to kill me in the wet.

Edited by Gaz6002
Thread title needs to be a lot better! Try harder next time please. (see edit history)

I really liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric and I'm actually getting on with my current Continental ContiSportContact 3s, although if I'm honest they're not quite AS good as the former.

I have been using the assymetrics for a while now on the rear end and they are certainly good in the wet, gotta wach them when they get low on tred though.

Moved this thread to Supra Chat as it's not technical.

Also, changed your thread title to something more descriptive so other members can search for and see this thread and get the same help you did/will.

Lastly - use the search function on this site before asking questions. The chances of asking something that hasn't been asked before are VERY slim, and we don't like repeating ourselves ;)

I've currently got uniroyal rain sport 2.

best tyre I've ever had, beats ps2, proxes 4, zero Nero hands down. (my opinion)

the real test came during a heavy down pour, I saw a puddle approaching on a dual carriage way and expected the steering to pull as I went through, but there was nothing. gripped all the way through. obviously this doesn't mean you can drive in wet weather like a fool, but its reassuring to know they are up to the job.

dry performance is also impressive.

245/40/18 & 275/35/18

Edited by vertex (see edit history)