The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sard Ecu won't work

Nepalm

Guys i just got a SARD Ecu A/T for my supra matched all the numbers and it was correct to my stock one but when i put it in my car i just get black smoke erratic idle ,floods the engine and cut off. Try starting it up and the it's just flooded all i can smell inside and outside is petrol.

After a while starts up and keep misfiring dies but as soon i stick the stock Ecu back in it's all working again without any probs ?? I do have a HKS boost-cut which i set to 12 as that will let through the signal and my car is a TT A/T Bpu anyone can help with this prob??

Edited by Nepalm (see edit history)

It may be that ECU needs a few miles of driving to set itself up properly. It's the same as if you disconnect the battery on your car and the ECU is reset, when started again it'll run lumpy and not idle properly until the cars driven a couple of miles or so.

If you can get it to actually run try a drive and see if it improves.

When it's started is it running on all cylinders? Running on less than 6 cylinders would cause the symptoms you describe.

I presume it was running fine before, is it just the ECU you've swapped, nothing else messed with?

Have you tried putting the old ECU back on to see if it starts and runs okay?

You could also try checking for fault codes, although if it's hardly run it's may not have logged any.

When it's started is it running on all cylinders? Running on less than 6 cylinders would cause the symptoms you describe.

I presume it was running fine before, is it just the ECU you've swapped, nothing else messed with?

Have you tried putting the old ECU back on to see if it starts and runs okay?

You could also try checking for fault codes, although if it's hardly run it's may not have logged any.

You might be right think i will have to send it back and yes the old ecu works fine. no fault code at all there is no engine light that comes on