The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iridium ngk or denso quick question

Robzki

Hi all

I have used the search for this with no luck as such.

From the faq:

TT @ upto 1bar

NGK - BCPR7ES (3330) - gap 0.9mm

NGK - BKR7E (6097) - gap 0.9mm

NGK - Iridium - BKR6EIX or BKR7EIX - leave gap alone

Denso Platinum - PK20R11 - gap 0.8mm

Denso Iridium - IK22 - leave gap alone

TT/hybrids @ upto 1.3bar

NGK - BCPR7ES (3330) - gap 0.7mm

NGK - BKR7E (6097) - gap 0.7mm

NGK - BKR8E - gap to 0.7mm

NGK - BCR8ES (3330) - gap 0.7mm

NGK Iridium - BKR7EIX - leave gap alone

NGK Iridium - BKR8EIX - leave gap alone

Denso Platinum - PK20R8 - gap 0.7mm

Denso Iridium - IK22 - leave gap alone

Denso Iridium - IK24 - leave gap alone

My local friendly shop can't get denso plugs, But they can get any NGK, I tend to get at cost prices etc so I'm stuck with the NGKs. I'm on my way to bpu. jspec aiming for sub 1bar but poss 1.1bar. From the chart I need the NGK BKR?EIX. would I be better with the 6,7 or 8? I can't pretend to be a sparkplug expert. The car is a daily driver so racks up the miles. I'm getting bored changing the coppers ;)

Thanks for your time

Rob

Must admit I have always used NGK even though most places round here wonder at my mental state, as they seem to think that champion are the best plug ever made and won't stock anything else. But saying that, they think Ginsters pasties and inbreeding are life goals.

Thanks a lot, will head out for the BKR7EIX's now :)

Rob

Walbro 255 fuel pump, RS*R exhaust, 2nd decat, SLD, FCD, GReddy 2 row FMIC, 1.2 bar Envy restrictor ring and the NGK iridium grade 7 plugs.

All that's left to be BPU is a 1st decat.

Just shy meaning it is very nearly there! ;)

lol, just about the same here, fitting the walbro, fcd, plugs, pulsation damper removal pipe, fuel filter, coil pack clips, new upper rear wishbones, etc etc today/tomorrow hopefully. then hoping to get the 1st decat fitted at the weekend. Already have the catback, 2nd sard 'race' cat installed.

I am however still running the smic which has seen a lot of 'better' days. next on my list along with finally fitting the boost controller thats been sitting here for a year or so.

huge difference in price the denso ik22/ik24 are 18euro a plug the ngk bkreix -8 are 10 euro a plug have used both found no difference, think ryan g says the ngk are superior.

Thanks, Tbh I have always used NGK and never had a plug fail in any of my car/bikes/strimmers/generators/boats/lawnmowers/chainsaws/water pumps etc etc, I'll stick with what I know, which isn't much if I'm honest :)

Dnk thanks for the link, not been there before. will check prices the local place gives me.

sorry didn't get back to you regarding the brake pipes, life took over for the last few weeks and postage would've been a nightmare :(

Rob

My pleasure and yes posting the brake pipes would be interesting to say the least.