The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Brake set up

Bossco

I should have done this a while ago.

I had new discs, pads and braided lines fitted at the begining of last summer. When this was done I also had my calipers refurbed and powder coated. Since then I have had to had both front calipers refurbed again due to sticking pistons. Now one of the rears is sticking and I'm starting to think I should just give up on the Jspec set up and move on :)

If the pistons had corrosion on them and they were just cleaned up and new seals and rubbers fitted, then chances are they will be sticking again after a relatively short time. I very much doubt the pistons were changed at the time, by the sound of it. New pistons are in the region of £15 each.

Doesnt the master cylinder need changing too?

I was under the impression the UK version is different from the JDM one, and that if JDM cars have the UK upgrade from the factory they come with the UK spec master cylinder, otherwise they come with the JDM one.

Remove or change the back plates aswell.

Back plates? Do you mean the dust guards? Those will need replacing or like most do, the outer rim chopping out.

Doesnt the master cylinder need changing too?

I was under the impression the UK version is different from the JDM one, and that if JDM cars have the UK upgrade from the factory they come with the UK spec master cylinder, otherwise they come with the JDM one.

The larger brakes will work fine with the smaller master cylinder. It'd be ideal to change this too, but it's not *needed* as such.

Bosco, I think you need to change the brake lines to, the fitting into the caliper is different on the larger ones.

Calipers, fitting kit (springs that hold the pads), shim kit (anti squeal shims), brake pads, discs and brake fluid is everything you will need for the swap. You will need to trim or remove the dust covers behind the discs to fit the larger ones.

I have the fronts in stock and can order the rears if needed.