The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good luck all running at TOTB

supradibbs

Yes good luck to everyone. Me & Michel have just come back from Elvington after a quick mapping session with Ryan & Wez :), talk about cutting it close. I'm pleased to say the car is actually running great :D

Great mate, I am making wood now excited for tomorrow.

Must get to bed now, and get some sleep.

See you tomorrow people.

LeeP has (possibly) spun a bearing. Didn't sound very good at all. We had to push him out of the airfield to await the RAC.

Envy were doing well but had an issue and stopped running. Not sure what it was.

Wez, Jay and Michel all did okay too despite initially failing the decibel test.

Many, many thanks to TDR for the very welcome shade of the gazebo and for the food and drink. Also thanks to Michael for the air-conditioned confines of his car.

I'm pinker than my Supe ever was.

Edited by RedM (see edit history)

There's a decibel test for totb ? Good grief ! Isn't that like having a pie eating contest but you can only use a teaspoon ???

LOL! Yeah, Jevansio, Micheal and Envy all failed the initial test. There was a US drag MR2 that IIRC measured 123db!!

It's ridiculous and probably due to the kind of moaning minnies that buy houses next to airfield and think it's going to be quiet all year long.

Really gutted for Lee, I felt so helpless as I drove past on the way out, hope the RAC turn up soon to get him home.

I have caught the sun something rotten today :D

What a great day though, Brian was a star, day wouldn't have been the same without IMHO,

Also great to see the whole Supra team pulling together, I had such a laugh :)

It was great to put faces to names today, Wez, Lee, Brian, Rob, Martin, Gaz (thanks for the headlight tip BTW).

As I suspected my 1/4's were crap, best I managed was a 12.98 :). Handling was better, only did 2 runs & managed a 53.46. It was just too hot today for the car. I had to rest it at least 30 mins between runs otherwise I was seeing crazy water/oil temps.

LOL! Yeah, Jevansio, Micheal and Envy all failed the initial test. There was a US drag MR2 that IIRC measured 123db!!

It's ridiculous and probably due to the kind of moaning minnies that buy houses next to airfield and think it's going to be quiet all year long.

:D I got 111 first time round!!!! Brian said for me to join the queue again & go to another Marshall (the one that did mine seemed to be testing it 1" from the tip!!!).

The next guy was measuring at the correct distance & I only revved it to 3.5k :innocent: and got a 104.9, 105 was the limit :D

What was your terminals Jay?

I'm not sure if I should repeat them :D

I got 114 once, the car just felt so weak, 11pm the night before it was going scary fast.

Gaz told me to take my headlight out as I have relacoated my cone filter into the engine bay & haven't got round to doing a shield yet, but I never went back on the 1/4 once I'd removed it to see if it had made any difference. It was going like a wolf on the handling track with it out though :)

I'm not sure if I should repeat them :D

I got 114 once, the car just felt so weak, 11pm the night before it was going scary fast.

Gaz told me to take my headlight out as I have relacoated my cone filter into the engine bay & haven't got round to doing a shield yet, but I never went back on the 1/4 once I'd removed it to see if it had made any difference. It was going like a wolf on the handling track with it out though :)

Sounds like the heat was killing the cars, you still got that xs ic?