The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'Lambo' doors - HELP... please!

bigduderichie

Hey one and all,

Really new to the whole Supra scenario and, as a result, have about the same level of knowledge reg Supra's as a turnip!

:blink:

Basically; Car is going in for a complete respray in a couple of weeks time and I wanted to fit a set of Lambo doors (if you're going to do a job - do it right etc etc), however, I'm unsure of the best place to source these from, whether they are ALL imports from the US, the best type/mechanism to go for and if known, any costs for said doors (have been around $1700 on t'internet)?

:search:

Also, if anyone knows, are these a pain in the backbox to fit?!?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Take care and stay safe.

lambo door look nice but it will have a problem mate. you can fit it but it pointless.

it up to you.

Hi Niz,

You seem to have wandered into the Technical Section by mistake.

Part For Sale and Off-Topic are just down the corridor on the right, you can't miss 'em.

For god sake man dont put lambo doors on the Supra!! They just dont work! Ive seen two examples in person and they just dont work with the lines of the supra.

Hi Niz,

You seem to have wandered into the Technical Section by mistake.

Part For Sale and Off-Topic are just down the corridor on the right, you can't miss 'em.

:rlol:

Sorry i dont agree with some of the Niz bashing but that was good..

Ha Ha Ha - class!

Well, what can I say to that?!

:yes:

Point(s) duly noted... and solely 'cause I've misplaced my shellsuit, Addidas 4 stripes and my Burberry cap... think I'll give them a wide berth!!!!

:run:

Thanks y'all for a point well made - already this site is making more sense than putting round wheels on a car!

Rest assured I'll be 'keeping it real' from now on!!!

:fool:

Edited by bigduderichie (see edit history)

FWIW I think there is a definite shift towards retaining the stock look. So many Supras have been fitted with godawful bodykits, horrid wheels and ridiculous spoilers that the stock look really stands out and shows how difficult it is to genuinely improve on near-perfection.

Honestly, go to a big meet and you'd think the Trial rear was OEM!

Oh, and staying stock may even earn you extra cash should you sell it.

FWIW I think there is a definite shift towards retaining the stock look. So many Supras have been fitted with godawful bodykits, horrid wheels and ridiculous spoilers that the stock look really stands out and shows how difficult it is to genuinely improve on near-perfection.

Hey, to be honest - I totally agree! I've been looking at some of the bodykits, choice wheels, STUUUUPID decals etc etc - and they just make the Supra appear to have collided with Halfords!!!

Not only did the Japs hit the nail square on the head with it's original shape, OEM spoilers and what-not, the Supra does look more classy without all the OTT bling - and I can understand why some owners insist on 'blacking-out' the windows in their fluorescent green cars with bright red and yellow flame decals plastered across their wings.... guess it's so no-one can see who's driving!

:D

funny you say that when i went to Jap show i was expecting lots of cars with the do luck front, trial rear and veilside skirts as on the forum these seem to be the most common options. What i actually found was there were not that many on the whole club stand :blink:

Agreed.

Thats why the only thing ive changed thats stock about my car was the alloys just to freshen it up. But even then i had them made to the correct -50 offset.