The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying Supra Possibly

miles

Hi guys, sorry if im posting in the wrong section.

im going to look at a supra at the weekend and just wondered if anyone has seen it for sale before or anything? i dont want to buy a car thats been round the block a few times if you know what i mean!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-TOYOTA-SUPRA-SILVER_W0QQitemZ270217257833QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres the link its under completed listings so you would have to sign in.

the wheels/tints and stickers arent really my cup of tea but i can always change them.

cheers guys

cheers guys nice to get friendly responses unlike other forums ive been on! i was checking the what to look for thread the other day so hopefully il be ok, going with a mate who already has a supra so see what happens:)

quick question dont know if anyone can tell what they are but would anyone hazzard a guess at how much i could sell the wheels for if i bought it as there a bit too "bling" for me:p

thanks!

quick question dont know if anyone can tell what they are but would anyone hazzard a guess at how much i could sell the wheels for if i bought it as there a bit too "bling" for me:p

thanks!

you'd need to get wheel specs and tyre condition to get an accurate price, but if they are the Volks you should get £500+ for them relatively easily i'd have thought........

when you say too bling would you be looking for some standard alloys to replace them or a different sort of aftermarket wheel in mind?

id probably be looking to get some other aftermarket alloys but unsure atm as im not sure what style i want? im pretty keen on these type but would have to save for a bit i think.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=143375

the guy said that the wheels were in good condition but one of the tyres would need replacing in the near future?

i was looking at cj's one on pistonheads the other day(think its the same one?) looks mint but im really looking for a manual. I mean im not definatley going to buy this one im just going to view it to get an idea on it, the only thing is i dont have a very big budget around 3k unfortunatley which wont get me a minter but hopefully something not too bad that i can work on and make a bit nicer. im hoping this one hasnt sold because its not really to everyones taste and people think its too much effort to take all the bits off?

well went to look at that supra today. NOooo good. first thing i noticed when i got there was that one of the spats was hanging off and had managed to collect half a trees worth of leaves in it! Both rear panels had holes in where the spats had been held on with screws??? The interior wasnt that bad but not that good.

The guy took me out for a spin in it and it seemed pretty decent but the heater wasnt warming up? Got back to his and it looked like the car was on fire! steam everywhere, opened the bonnet and just heard hissing. Turns out the car had next to no water in it.

So i am still supraless :(

the hunt continues!