The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donnington Park/Silverstone Track Day - Proviso

Sheefa

Hi guys,

Following a recent thread/posting about handling the Supe in the wet, Pete suggested that it would be a good idea to get a track day in the diary and head to Donnington or Silverstone for the day.

As my previous event "didn't go too well", I though I'd take this opportunity to pencil something in the calandar with the help of the Events Mods and the good old Midlands 'possie'. Other hoodlums from other Regions are of course welcome too.

I'll set a poll up for suggested dates, but I'm actually thinking April time could be good so we hopefully get to experience a bit of sun and rain on the same day with the intermittant showers and all. ;)

I've made enquiries at both Silverstone and Donnington today and am awaiting their reply. I'll also be speaking to Julie @ DriverDreamDays to see if they have a day free in which we can use their track.

Hope this is OK with the Event Moderators - just testing the water as to what we might be able to get our hands on! :)

Thanks,

Greg

Reply from Sarah @ Donnington Park guys.............

Dear Gregory,

We would be more than happy to help you out with your club track day. There are various price options. We still have some special deals available in early March - for example you could have Saturday 3 March for £7500.00 + vat - this includes full services and would give you exclusive hire.

Or you could book sessions on our Trakzone days. On 4, 11 or 24 March, you could buy 1 or 2 sessions for £2500.00 + vat each. Or on Friday 6 April, you could buy 1 or 2 sessions for £3500.00 + vat each.

Finally, if you book 10 places or more on one of our Trakzones, you get 10% off.

I hope that helps - if you want to discuss any of these options in more detail, please give me a call.

Best regards,

Sarah

I suggest the Saturday the 24th March whereby if we can get 30 people it works out at around £95 each with the 10% discount for a single session. If we did 2 sessions, we'd need 50 odd people at £100 each to cover the cost, but that gives us 6 hours of tracktime (20 minutes each *6 so a good 2 hours). :)

I'd like to do the full exclusivity deal in March , but that's £8,812 odd all in so we'd need about 80 people to make it a worthwhile costs, unless people are happy to pay around £150 which equates to only 60 people.

Any thoughts?;)

Cheers,

Greg

Guest Nicholas

Hi Greg,

I'd be up for this but only in the dry, wouldn't fancy doing a track day in the wet.

I'm sure mots of the other Leicester lot would be up for it too.

Nick.:)

If we could organise it that would be an amazing sight. 30 Supras going around Donnington. Probably get some magazine coverage and possibly sponsorship from traders to help subsidise?

I suspect that people would need to cough up early though, and usually they have no cash this time of year.

What is a "session", I'm not too clear on that?

Right guys, let's get the ball rolling then. Firslty, should I enquire for a few dates later on in the year then if people are worried about the weather i.e. May/June?

Pete- you're right, it would be brilliant and I would imagine we would need to cough up in Feb which isn't too bad.

A 'session' means a run on the track for 3 hours. There are normally 2 sessions, one in the morning and later in the afternoon. Each car has 20 minutes every hour around the track. That's 2 hours of racing each on the day if we get enough people together and have 2 sessions. Not bad at all. At least it gives the Supes a break too.

I'll enquire about payment. I'll also see what exclusivity they have on the Trackzone. :)

Let's get the names down for all those interested then please:

• Sheefa (Greg)
  • Pete
  • SupraNick
  • SteveR
  • Ashbhp
  • MK47
  • Garfy
  • SupraStar 3000

We'll need to get a minimum of 30 together to make it worthwhile. What about the MKIII guys?

Cheers,

Greg

I'd advise against silverstone in the wet as ive just been there last saturday and its very very slippy with debatable grip.

I was shocked how little grip there was round the complex and becketts hairpin using the national circuit.

Ok once it had nearly dried out but by then there was only an hour left.

If i still own my car by march ish i'll come to a day at Donnington

Good work DNK! :) Thanks mate.

Sarah from Donnington's recent reply:

"If you book whole sessions then they are yours exclusively and we will also reserve some garages for you. If you book places on our Trakzone, there is no exclusivity. Worth asking, but there are no special deals in high season".

Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

Would still like to get this going guys..........

There is a Donington no noise meet in February as mentioned By Chris Wilson, but this would be good for the spring/summer season too :)

Updated lis:

Sheefa (Greg)

Pete

SupraNick

SteveR

Ashbhp

MK47

Garfy

SupraStar 3000

Bijal

Bignum

DNK (Possibility)