The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Known car jacking method

Pete

Just had this from the local Business Watch people:

Be aware of new car-jacking scheme.

You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors, start the engine and shift or put into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift the gear stick back into park or neutral, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove that paper or whatever it is that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car that is when the car jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine was running, you would have left your purse/bag/wallet in the car and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

Please Just drive away and remove the paper later.

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED IN LONDON/MANCHESTER.

NO REPORTS IN TELFORD

LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY PLEASE.

It was from The West Mercia police, call her and check. I don't believe in forwarding spam.

Regards

Anne

Anne Walker

NHW Administrator

( 08457 444 888 x 5996

( 01952 214796

2 Fax 01952 293546

: [email protected]

Also see her details at http://www.westmercia.police.uk/crime/watchscheme.htm

So you can stick that banner up your ass! :p

How do you know someone hasn't read it on snopes and then is doing it smartarse?

...and then the police wrote a warning that was word-for-word the same as the one that has been circulating on the intarwebs for the last couple of years? Yeah right.

The only difference in your version is that it's been changed a little to make it less american sounding. The original seems to have been written by an american. Notice how the warning assumes everyone drives an auto and the use of "parking lot".

And wouldn't you notice a piece of paper on the back window as you walked towards the rear of your vehicle?

Feel free to email it to her if you like.
Done. :)

Please tell her from me that a person in her position really ought to back up these things with real statistics.

Stupid bitch. :mad::angry:

Are you having a bad day? :(

I blame women myself. The head of HR where I used to work sent one round and it was obvious that it was a fake - too American but they'd substituted wallmart for woolworths in Fareham. I even sent a reply and told her, she still didn't take it on board and kept giving the women of the office regular updates - not to go to the car by themselves etc etc. Silly bint.

and shouldn't be allowed to do anything more taxing than the housework.

Even so, I suggest you do it yourself, you want it done properly right?

(Yes, I'm mildly vexed today. S.A.D I think)

Try having no means of cooking cause of tiling in the kitchen, no means for a shower as of tomorrow cause of tiling in the bathroom. House completely dusty and pig styish, no christmas cards written and only one present wrapped, half of the presents still to buy and boss and colleague currently have a break down due to the amount of people that want to move before christmas. :mad:

Try having no means of cooking cause of tiling in the kitchen, no means for a shower as of tomorrow cause of tiling in the bathroom. House completely dusty and pig styish, no christmas cards written and only one present wrapped, half of the presents still to buy and boss and colleague currently have a break down due to the amount of people that want to move before christmas. :mad:

Welcome to my world.

Oh, this is my world.... :blink:

I thought SAD was only meant to come on in January? What with the amazing excitement and zero stress of Christmas!

Well I'm effing sad right now OK?!

It's to do with lack of daylight - some vitamin deficiency I think. I get real cranky when it's dark and rains all the time.

I forgot to mention that we can't have a christmas tree or any decorations because of carpet being delivered on Saturday. :(

Great excuse! :thumbs:

I'm going to order a new carpet I reckon.

My method is to use a 2.5tonne trolley jack, under the designated jacking points.

Once up I consider using axle stands too depending on the job.

OMG I fell for that.

I read this and re-read it, and thought "WTF is he talking about?" and finally thought Alex had replied to the wrong thread somehow. I look up and say to him "Alex..."

"yes?" says he.

"Your post in...." pause as I scroll up the page to check the title of the thread... "Known car ja.. oh for fucks sake"

:blush:

-Ian

Missus' best mate always forwards crap on to me, even though I've told her I can't stand stupid chain mails!! I usually reply to all with the snopes page and once one of her idiot friends told me I was sad! As if!!

What annoys me is that the fucking retards who spread this shit double-retard themselves by not using the BCC field. So I get "killer computer virus, Norton don't even know how to fix it" shit going to all manner of fuckwits with my email address for all to see and have harvested by their fuckwitedly maintained computers.

Ok well here's another one. May well be another urban myth I can't be arsed to check snopes, I leave that to the nerds :D

Ever wondered why laptops are stolen from car boots, seemingly at random?

Bluetooth enabled phones.... we all know that bluetooth enabled phones when searching for devices have a known range. So do laptops and some leave theirs in standby in the car.

:rolleyes: