The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red manual N/A

dangerous brain

SOLD deposit Taken

I've decided against taking the N/A I just got to Holland with me so I am going to sell it. This is the ad that Lucifer ran for the car I've added a bit to it

Heater has been bypassed due to matrix leaking. There is a heater matrix with this car.

There is a stock exhaust available if you don't like the noise of the Jasma affair thats on it.

I also have a TRD style steering wheel

Year: 1993

Millage : Approx 72K - 117,500Kms (never changed)

Color : Red

MOT : 11 months

Tax : 5 months

Service History : Lots. 3 Mot's, 3 tax discs, and some service reciepts.

Alarm : New Clifford G5

Condition : Very reasonable. Apart from 1 tiny dent in drivers wing and a small scrape on passenger rear arch.

Price : Sensible offers in the £4k region

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/1.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/2.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/3.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/4.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/5.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/6.jpg

http://www.2jz.co.uk/tcz/7.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify a couple of things. The price at £4k include's the parts to rectify the cars issues ie it includes a heater matrix, a full set of shocks complete with springs (so just unbolt at top and bottom and bolt replacement in top and bottom), a full set of J-spec brakes in very good condition to include used calipers front and rear, used but very good condition front discs, brand new rear discs, very slightly used red stuff pads front and rear (all that actually needs replacement is rear discs and pads).

There's nothing wrong with the fitted jasma exhaust I'm getting old and its too loud for my liking and if its too loud for someone elses liking I have a replacement stock exhaust available and included in the price. Also if wanted I have a set of 440cc injectors that can be included in the price.

The TRD style steering wheel and UK spec brakes are seperate to the price but a favourable price will be offered to the car buyer. If the brakes don't go with the car I already have an orderly queue for them.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks a nice car Brian, but the heater matrix problem is really the kiss of death to the car.

Everyone knows that its a pig of a job, and expensive to have done, and with cars like THIS up at less money ONO, it doesn't necessarily make it that attractive a proposition.

Personally I'd drop the price considerably, or get the heater matrix done and re-advertise it.

Think about it, who wants to buy a car with no heater, this end of the year :(

I'd say you were right 100% if that car was a manual but its not its an auto and that makes a massive difference to the price well over a grand in fact which is what I have built in to the price. The heater matrix isn't going to cost a grand to get done if you get a garage to do it and its going to cost nothing if an enterprising individual does it themselves.

I'm in 2 minds with this car I almost let it go last week for £3750 just to take it off my hands but the closer it gets to the cut off date for bringing it here (the day my house finally sells) the less I am inclined to let it go and the more I am inclined to bring it here to holland and do the heater matrix myself. The dent on the wing should dent master out and the scuff on the back arch I'd get filled and sprayed in for a couple of hundred quid good job done.

Essentially I know that the heater matrix job is effecting the sales prospects which is why I have only advertised it in here and on another forum I use rather than anywhere else. Its still a very good price for a manual N/A IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The car is no longer for sale. It would appear that there is a problem with the V5. I have waited nearly 4 months for the V5 and there is still no sign of it. I've performed an experian autocheck on the car and it wont return any details. I have heard rumours from oop north that the car belonged to a member up there and had issues with paying for the BHG. As I cannot ascertain who actually owns the car I cannot in all good faith sell it on. (shame a certain individual that sold it to me didn't have a similar conscience). I've been continually promised a V5 to no avail. My written and telephoned requests for it were brushed off with a "I'm sending them right now" in the begining to a straight up ignoration of them. I know that the guy in question is aware of the situation as I have left telephone messages, used their contact form on their website and then resorted to posting in their part of the forum (as they deleted the thread they definitely confirmed they know about this issue). I've left a final request for the V5 which if it isn't fulfilled I'll be returning the car to where it came from as its worthless to me without a V5

The car is no longer for sale. It would appear that there is a problem with the V5. I have waited nearly 4 months for the V5 and there is still no sign of it. I've performed an experian autocheck on the car and it wont return any details. I have heard rumours from oop north that the car belonged to a member up there and had issues with paying for the BHG. As I cannot ascertain who actually owns the car I cannot in all good faith sell it on. (shame a certain individual that sold it to me didn't have a similar conscience). I've been continually promised a V5 to no avail. My written and telephoned requests for it were brushed off with a "I'm sending them right now" in the begining to a straight up ignoration of them. I know that the guy in question is aware of the situation as I have left telephone messages, used their contact form on their website and then resorted to posting in their part of the forum (as they deleted the thread they definitely confirmed they know about this issue). I've left a final request for the V5 which if it isn't fulfilled I'll be returning the car to where it came from as its worthless to me without a V5

Sorry to hear that... poor show by the trader... hopefully he will give your money back.

Good luck with solving it, hopefully you will get your money back!

Btw, in the startpost says you got a TRD steering wheel and injectors for sale. Is the TRD wheel all black? and how much do you want for it? also the injectors, are the top or side feeded?

Its a TRD "style" steering wheel. Its basically a revision 3 MR2 steering wheel with an airbag that can be wired in to work with your existing system. Its in Holland now as well :D The injectors are sold.

can't you just reapply for a V5? it costs £19 and as far as i'm aware the owner (per DVLA) gets a letter saying "someone is claiming ownership of X....... do you know diff/have any objection etc etc"

If nothing unytoward gets reported to the DVLA then i understand you'll get issued a new V5.........

You can do that if you have the slip that came with the other half of the V5. You cant do it if you have nothing at all as what would stop someone from just seeing a reg and serially attempting to get V5's? If it was that easy I would have done it 3 months ago.

Yes you can!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingAVehicle/AdviceOnBuyingAndSellingArticles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4022404&chk=icYOWC

Why should DB spend the extra money and effort to get the V5 from the DVLA when the trader OWES it to him and has taken another vehicle in exchange for this NA (V5 and all) and then proceeds to fob him off constantly and DELETE posts in his section.

The V5 also is ONLY the registration document and does not indicate OWNERSHIP of vehicle, they are two VERY different things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.