The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lovely Facelift SZ-R

Scooter

General info for those that don’t know:-

The SZ-R is a 6 speed Non turbo model that is spec’d for light weight and handling. To make it more of a drivers car it has a low ratio getrag box, REAS suspension and a LSD as standard. It has no electric drivers seats, pure sport mats and a carbon fibre steering wheel to save weight (every little helps!)

This car in particular was a grade 4 import, i purchased it from the first uk owner, and its now owned by my folks who are late 50's (so for the last two years its had a very easy life)

Its been well looked after, but does not have a full service history as such.

Its been serviced by myself and a trusted mechanic who lives across the street. Oil and filter every 5K miles (Magnatec), Cambelt, coolant and aux belt in summer 2004 on 57600miles. V160 gearbox oil (from Envy) changed in the last few thousand miles. Plugs changed within the last yr (at approx 60K miles) so good for another 40K+ miles (car currently on 70.5K miles). New battery recently too.

Basically nothing to do, except possibly diff oil? (which i could do if needs be)

Front tyres are Goodyear F1's (very good tread) and the rears are Continental contact sports that have done less than 1k miles so are as new.

Please note that despite having stock 17's it does not have UK spec brakes. It does however have Chris Wilson 'Race' spec pads. These can squeal a little (haven't upset the current owners) but provide excellent stopping power = to UK's with stock pads IMO. I'll be happy to keep these pads and fit brand new stock pads if that’s what you want.

Car is due its MOT soon (july time i think) but 12months will be put on for the new owner.

Nice Alpine and Focal ICE (fitted by Matt Harwood)

I can honestly say its the best handling supra i've driven, very tight and 'new' feeling. The REAS suspension is designed to reduce body roll in the corners whilst maintaining comfort, so its handles well without being very stiff when you are pootling along.

Cat 1 Alarmed, fogs integrated into the rear lights, any questions just ask…….

They are looking for £7,500ovno

So THAT's what the factory carbon steering wheel looks like!
My car's got one of those too. Are they rare then?

I've seen Scooter's in the flesh and on the move a few times. It's a lovely looking car, in great condition and well maintained. Must be one of the best NAs in the country.

Must be one of the best NAs in the country.

I certainly think its the best value...........

...........i considered selling the Lexus to buy this back, but at this time i just can't warrant the extra cost to buy it and insure it.........:(

I certainly think its the best value...........

...........i considered selling the Lexus to buy this back, but at this time i just can't warrant the extra cost to buy it and insure it.........:(

buy it back? i thought you hadn't sold it yet? :confused:

General info for those that don’t know:-

The SZ-R is a 6 speed Non turbo model that is spec’d for light weight and handling. To make it more of a drivers car it has a low ratio getrag box, REAS suspension and a LSD as standard. It has no electric drivers seats, pure sport mats and a carbon fibre steering wheel to save weight (every little helps!)

This car in particular was a grade 4 import, i purchased it from the first uk owner, and its now owned by my folks who are late 50's (so for the last two years its had a very easy life)

buy it back? i thought you hadn't sold it yet?
::

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.