The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new diesel chugger + t**t = no more car

mawby

OK, there's two versions to this story. His version. I was in the middle of the road, speeding and hit him. My version. Instead of looking at the road as he went around the corner he was more interested in looking at the woman crossing the road and as a result drove over my side of the road hitting me whilst I breaked and try to mount the kurb to avoid the collision.

I've added a poll to this thread, so take a look at the photos attached and tell me which story you believe.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about this, so many people drive in a world of their own they find it hard to believe other road users exist!

From the pics it looks as though you might have been close to the centre line - However it appears that the Rover driver has passed the centre line on your side and steered sharply to try to avoid hitting you. There's no chance he could have got his car to that position without passing the centre line and glancing off your car.

ok you were close to centre line as you were turning right, thats obvious.

But thanks to the 2nd from last pic you can see the trail of fluids clearly leading to his front wheel leads over to your side of the road.

shame wasnt dry road mate, it would of been even clearer. i think if you provide the pics to insurance high resolution point out things like the fluid trail etc... u should be fine

Looks to me from the photo's that he's swung wide on the turn, hit you & bounced off. He's a lot nearer the line, whereas your car is well inside the line.

What's his evidence that you were speeding? The fact that it fits his story?

I take it that there is a dispute between you and the other party over blame about this one?
Yep. I got out of the car (eventually, the door was jammed and I had to thump it open) and asked why the fuck he wasn't looking where he was going. He instantly said I was in the middle of the road and he was trying to avoid me. I pointed at the cars and asked (not as politely as this) how the fuck our cars could be where they are now if I was in the middle of the road. He then said I was speeding. Yeah, right. Less than 15 meters from a junction onto a main road and I was speeding. At that point he started getting all lippy and abusive.

But thanks to the 2nd from last pic you can see the trail of fluids clearly leading to his front wheel leads over to your side of the road.
Cheers for mentioning that, I will make a note of it and let my insurance company know. :thumbs:

Looks to me from the photo's that he's swung wide on the turn, hit you & bounced off. He's a lot nearer the line, whereas your car is well inside the line.
That is exactly what happened mate. The reason I didn't give too many details in the first post and put up the pictures is because I wanted to see what others throught from just looking at the photos. Hopefully my insurer will come to the same conclusion.

What's his evidence that you were speeding? The fact that it fits his story?
There is no evidance. I'm not sure what speed I was doing, but it was 20mph or less. I got this car for ecomony not speed. I think the speeding suggestion was just the first (or rather second) thing that popped into his head to try and push the blame onto me.

ohh something else i noticed :D the fluids would even appear to be his!!! the same pic shows his Water bottle being on that side and on view, meaning possible damage to his bottle. If you can confirm yours still has the fluids in your system. game over for him as those fluids on your side can only be his, If you bottle is in tact.

All of the other debris is on your side aswell.

Hastle you can do without, makes it even worse when he accuses you.

This is why more people need to carry a camera in their car.

Good photos like this really will help your case otherwise it would have been your word versus his!

If you were in the middle of the road when you collided then your car would not have ended up where it is now, he has clearly com,e round the corner to wide/fast and glanced off you.

Just fill in the forms and let the insurance co sort it out. Thats waht you pay them loads of money for and let them know you have pics of the accident scene. It will strengthen your case ten fold (at least!). Take it there were no independent witnesses?

All the debris is on your side of the road mate. Just about none at all on his side of the road.

The position of the debris is indicative of the point of contact of the two cars. Looks fairly obvious that he didn't take the corner very well to me.

Wether you were close to the line or not doesn't really matter. If you were on your own side of the road, close to the line or not, it's up to him when turning into your road to make sure he can avoid you and not cross the line himself.

The pictures should get you home and dry on this one no problems.

But I'll vote that you're a "lying twat" anyway 'cos I like to ness up these polls!

:p :p

He then said I was speeding. Yeah, right. Less than 15 meters from a junction onto a main road and I was speeding.

Exactly.

He'll probably want a medal because he "stopped you from speeding into the junction ahead" & therefore saved lives by crashing into you.

I can't remember what the stopping distances are, but if you're doing 30mph+ (using his superior speed judging abilities) with 15 metres to stop, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't stop in time. You have stopped before the junction so how can he even have the nerve to say something like that?

Did you ask him how he knew you were speeding? Rather than concentrate on his own driving / corner taking, did he have his speed gun pointing at you?

This bloke sounds like a pathetic wimp who can't face up to his responsibilities. What a moron.

Make sure you let the insurance know the weather was raining / drizzly yesterday, which is probably one of the reasons he lost it round the corner, plus the fact HE was the one speeding, and looking at the lady.

sorry to say mate but in my expirience of insurance comapnies this will go to a 50/50 blame
I do hope not. Thankfully I didn't decrease my insurance cover when I sold the Supra, so I still have protected no claims (although I have lost 2 or my 8 years until my insurance company recover their costs) and hire car cover.

The most annoying part is after selling the Supe and putting the deposit on the house I had exactly £2500 spare. I had to make a choice, by a £500 car that I would scrap when the MOT ran out, or spend it all on the most reliable economical car I could find. It was a big risk buying the Xantia, but a risk I was just realising had paid off with the 50 miles per gallon and it being a really reliable and comfortable car. Now if the car is scrapped (as I suspect it might be) then with insurance excesses I wont get back enough money to by another similar car. :( And I'd only just paid £300 the week before for a service and a replacement pully tensioner which I wont get back! And my last £70 was spent of some new speakers which are less then 2 weeks old! Even worse, if this twat does argue the toss about who was to blame and I lose 2 years off my no claims then that a hike in my insurance premiums. In fact even if I don't lose the NCB I'll still get charged more as you have to declare any accidents within the last 3 years regardless of who was to blame.

The only thing that worked in my favor is this happened just round the corver from where I live, so whilst waiting for the car to be collected I went home, got the stereo removal keys and took out my £300 MP3 stereo! If the cars being scrapped I didn't want to lose that! :)

How could you have been speeding towards a T junction!?

Only thing that is a little odd is that it took an awful long time to stop, and it looks like quite a hard hit. Judging by your rear wheels it wasn't until after you'd hit you went for the verge?

I'm afraid it'll be a percentage verdict I reckon. Shame there's no witnesses.

Anything less than 100% blameless means you'll losse your no claims. :cry: