The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tailgate gas struts

peter richards

:thumbs: hello, my new struts were fitted saturday, and are working great , tailgate lifts smoothly on its own .

the company who ive been working with are now happy to provide new struts to members.

the price of the struts is £89.30, including vat and p+p back to you.

you will however have to take your old ones off and send them to the company as they need the ends for re fabrication , it was the easyiest way around fixing .

the company is M S engineering,

5 the graylins,

bedford,

mk 41 9bh phone 01234 772255 ask for mike

thanks peter :thanks:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Peter,

A few members including myself would be interested in struts for the bonnet (like BMW's), do you think they may do that? They can use my car as a donor if need be to prototype, I'm down the road.

Cheers,

Ro

• 3 weeks later...

Are the struts higher pressure than the original toyota ones, or just refurbed to work properly. I suffer the 'veilside wing/tailgate landing on the back of the head' problem. Although it seems to be working fine in the hot weather at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the struts higher pressure than the original toyota ones, or just refurbed to work properly. I suffer the 'veilside wing/tailgate landing on the back of the head' problem. Although it seems to be working fine in the hot weather at the moment.

hahahaha ... picked my car up from the docks on thurday and experienced that 1st hand! :swear:

• 3 weeks later...

:D pmsl

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:thumbs: hello, my new struts were fitted saturday, and are working great , tailgate lifts smoothly on its own .

the company who ive been working with are now happy to provide new struts to members.

the price of the struts is £89.30, including vat and p+p back to you.

you will however have to take your old ones off and send them to the company as they need the ends for re fabrication , it was the easyiest way around fixing .

the company is M S engineering,

5 graylins,

bedford,

mk 41 9bh phone 01234 772255 ask for mike

thanks peter :thanks:

is this price each for for the pair?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.