The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Drivers

mikeyb10supra

I do a ten mile round trip so not too bad......on a seperate note does anyone have to leave there's in a public car park?? I do and I hate it.......getting my Bomex type-2 front, and rear spats put on this week and Im already worried about some jelous moron running there key along it or giving it a kick :swear:

I like to modify the car but I know it will just attract more unwanted attention!!

does anyone else worry about this or is it just me?

Even when it's back on the road it'll be a weekend car. We've got a Rover 214Si and a Mazda 323F for daily use.

read your other post about the car or house......tough decision, I would still keep the car.....does'nt matter how long it takes to build, or maybe consider selling a few bits and going a bit milder, it really is a personal decision, imo I would go heavy on the exterior for a show car and a little less emphasis on engine mods. everyone knows how fast they are already.....maybe you could use a few of the engine parts you have and dress up the rest ie crome it, coloured hoses, colourcode etc??

Only use mine once a week, sometimes not even that much. Been like that for the past two years. Never more than 150 miles a 'month'. Dont ever need to go anywhere in it, if I do go anywhere its easier to jump in the 306 than get the Sup out the garage. Although if its a nice sunny sat or sunday, its nice to jump in a go for a quick spin.

Taking it off the road for a while now to finish off the fuel mods and stuff.

Mine's a daily driver, I work in different places every day, so mileage can vary from 1-100 per day.

I've been down the route of having a weekend car and a "normal" car for week days. In the end you spend a fortune on insurance and spend 90% of your driving time in a shitheap. You always have the decision, shall I take the good car or the crapper? and most times decide to take the crap one, incase something happens to the good one.

With only one car, that decision is eliminated :D

I do worry about parking in public car parks and the like, I'll always park as far away from all the other pillocks as possible, but at the end of the day, if someone hits it or scratches it, that's what I'm paying obscene amounts in insurance for :(

I find it's a good reason to look forward to going to work, the journey's always the best part :)