The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Update: Distress is wayyy over!

Bubbly Bozo

Hey Guys

Well firstly let me say thank you for all your kind and sometimes cheeky replies

:twak: . £4000 for insurance is obscene so I am going to look into Celica's (I just want a big car!) or the baby MGF :tongue: (someone said however that these cars are for old woman trying to retain their youth) so thats kinda put me off. I have my 7th yes 7th! driving test on Tuesday and am learning in a respectful clio :eyebrows:. Maybe I should just buy a rear wheel drive Supra Twin Turbo and go mad! Yeahhhhhhhhey wooo hooo !! U only live once so what the hell :read:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However i do take full responsibility for failing on a couple of tests:

The first examination I got asked to do a reverse park into a bay, so there i was all shakey not really knowing what to expect and nerves just hit in I'm afraid. Missed the lines by a mile and then like an idiot drove forward about 1 metre and couldn't quite in time position myself between the lines, so that was that! Instant fail!

The 2nd test thought i'd passed

The 3rd test failed for not making enough progress (going about 2 miles below 30mph)

The 4th test thought i'd passed but got 1 serious because of some fool who decided to do a U-Turn round a mini roundabout! So! My fault! Well in the examiners words "I have had to mark you down for this I'm afraid as YOU have to be aware that people may do this on mini roundabouts! Thanks a f&&%%kin lot u weeny little man sat there in ya greasy 4x4!

The 5th test was taken on a Monday morning at 8:40am (not at my most alert) - everything was going fine until I got asked to do a turn in the road - I looked to the right - MY GOD! what a narrow road! I was then wishing I had pulled up closer to the kerb for an increased hope of getting through this - So there I go - round we go, opps better stop, ok everything's fine, reverse back, shit what have i done, oh well had enough - as I steered right to leave the manover I let out a huge yawn and bumped the kerb. So that was that - FAILED!

And the last test, as you know i drove passed a stationary vehicle TOO FUCKIN CLOSE! I didn't hit it, no one was in the bloody car - Oh don't start me on this - Good Bye xxx

Folks who fail more than twice should be banned for life. My mother took the test 4 or five times before they passed her. That was 10 years ago, she still can't drive properly.

Some folks just aren't up to it and the roads are a much safer place without them.

Folks who fail more than twice should be banned for life. My mother took the test 4 or five times before they passed her. That was 10 years ago, she still can't drive properly.

Some folks just aren't up to it and the roads are a much safer place without them.

i do agree , but after 4 failed attempts you should be given a free bus pass. can u imagine someone who failed 6 times with a TT supra :eek:

MMMMM interesting condidering the test had become more stricter the past 3 years - mmm

You failed 6 times and you want a supra TT as a 1st car :eek:

I don't mean any offence but that’s insane, if you have a problem driving any 'L' car then there's no way you should be let lose in a supra 1st time out. Get a decent FWD car for a year or two, get used to driving in all sorts of conditions (cold winters, traffic (London!), motorways, country roads, etc - the sort of stuff that isn’t covered in a driving test), and after that start looking at something more powerful.

Even people that have many years of driving experience have trouble keeping these cars out of trouble. (Me included!)

You failed 6 times and you want a supra TT as a 1st car :eek:

I don't mean any offence but that’s insane, if you have a problem driving any 'L' car then there's no way you should be let lose in a supra 1st time out. Get a decent FWD car for a year or two, get used to driving in all sorts of conditions (cold winters, traffic (London!), motorways, country roads, etc - the sort of stuff that isn’t covered in a driving test), and after that start looking at something more powerful.

Even people that have many years of driving experience have trouble keeping these cars out of trouble. (Me included!)

Thanks ur right but you know whats it like when it's your first baby :stupid:

i do agree , but after 4 failed attempts you should be given a free bus pass. can u imagine someone who failed 6 times with a TT supra
Good point. I like the free public transport idea for these f***w**s. In a short period of time it would solve the congestion problems and make the roads a safer place for all of us.

Thanks ur right but you know whats it like when it's your first baby :stupid:

I don't mean to sound rude but I am totally capable of driving a vehicle and am very safe on the road. Ask anyone who is currently trying to pass their test and they'll tell you exactly as I am.

THERES TOO MANY CARS ON THE ROAD

THERES TOO MUCH POLLUTION

THEY MAKE LOTS OF MONEY OFF FAILING PEOPLE

IF EVERYBODY ON THE ROAD NOW WHO PASSES YEARS AGO THEY WOULDNT HAVE A CAT IN HELL'S CHANCE OF PASSING NOW :tongue:

Hey Guys

Well firstly let me say thank you for all your kind and sometimes cheeky replies

:twak: . £4000 for insurance is obscene so I am going to look into Celica's (I just want a big car!) or the baby MGF :tongue: (someone said however that these cars are for old woman trying to retain their youth)

Mazda MX-5. K-Series engine in the MGF is famed for blowing its head gasket.

Or get a Focus. They're nice cars. Lovely. Don't see many of 'em about either 8-)