The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Auto Diff ....

Jamesy

Non-lsd stops both wheels spinning mate....

Are you thinking of fitting an Auto diff into yours?

i think you mean it will let one wheel spin up rather than spin both thus needing more power to spin the wheels

hth

Funny that as the yanks all run a UK ratio 6 spd diff in their drag cars, turbo cars work in a diff way to NA cars the turbo needs to be loaded up to make it work harder, good way to ruin a 6 spd single car is whack an auto diff in it;)

Funny that as the yanks all run a UK ratio 6 spd diff in their drag cars, turbo cars work in a diff way to NA cars the turbo needs to be loaded up to make it work harder, good way to ruin a 6 spd single car is whack an auto diff in it;)

Depends on the use not all of us are building drag strip queens :p

Depends on the use not all of us are building drag strip queens :p

You still need to load a turbo up to get it to work;) and thats my point why would you want to ruin the whole point of fitting a 6spd by gearing it down, logically on a drag racer yes but that will only make it slower, gear changes slow you down period whatever you use the car for.

You still need to load a turbo up to get it to work;) and thats my point why would you want to ruin the whole point of fitting a 6spd by gearing it down, logically on a drag racer yes but that will only make it slower, gear changes slow you down period whatever you use the car for.

"Load up the turbo" that techically means nothing.

If your theory were correct every 2JZ-GTE should be single speed and it would be faster because there are no gear changes and Massive "load on the turbo".

Would you agree?

Maybe on the 1/4 with 1000 bhp an huge rolling radius rear tyres, it then siuts the gearing to be optimal in the 1st 4 gears on the strip for getting the lowest et. But that doesnt mean its best for a 400 bhp track car on low profile 18 tyres.

I have had an auto diff on a 6 speed car and tbh i would never do it again, you lose a lot of top speed and cruising on the motorway it revs a lot higher, you seem to be forever changing gear, might work on a track or drift car but not as a street car.

"Load up the turbo" that techically means nothing.

If your theory were correct every 2JZ-GTE should be single speed and it would be faster because there are no gear changes and Massive "load on the turbo".

Would you agree?

Maybe on the 1/4 with 1000 bhp an huge rolling radius rear tyres, it then siuts the gearing to be optimal in the 1st 4 gears on the strip for getting the lowest et. But that doesnt mean its best for a 400 bhp track car on low profile 18 tyres.

I don't think Hodge is building a drift car !!!!!:tongue: And if you're that serious about gearing you would chop and change between circuits in the box and the diff, thats why we just spent £14K on a ferrari gearbox with quick change ratios, surely with drifting (which I know nothing about) you would not want to be changing gears with it sideways, so if you need the higher (numerical) ratio to get the back out why not run more power and have a wider span of speed in each gear.

I remember round Cadwell on my Aprillia V twin following a 600 he was up and down the gears like billyo through the woodland section and I just left the old twin in 2nd and followed him!!! Much easier at my time of life.

I have had an auto diff on a 6 speed car and tbh i would never do it again, you lose a lot of top speed and cruising on the motorway it revs a lot higher, you seem to be forever changing gear, might work on a track or drift car but not as a street car.

if this is so wouldnt it be benificial with a BIG single such as mine for it to rev a lot highter so theres less spooling up time so to speak. I dont think im going to be doing 200mph top speed runs in it anyways.

I am to be honest totally clueless with diffs.

im gana be using an auto tt diff on my 6speed with a T61, you guys are starting to make me think twice, however im not really after top end, cant really do much speed in london, i was after the quick acceleration to be honest.

The Do Luck car runs an auto diff and I agree its good for a track car, is a bit annoying cruising on the motorway though. :)

Colins car to this day is still one of the fastest feeling supras I have ever been in or driven and I think the diff played a part in that.

I love my Getrag/auto diff combo, having driven autos for 9 years I like changing gear, admittedly first to second is a bit quick but after that it is fine. I guess having over 1800 rpm extra to play with gives my combination a longer power band than a stock rev limit engine. If I had to change in the high 6K's it would be very different. Not really fussed having a 212mph limit either.

im gana be using an auto tt diff on my 6speed with a T61, you guys are starting to make me think twice, however im not really after top end, cant really do much speed in london, i was after the quick acceleration to be honest.

mate i think your over thinking this, with a T61 you really dont need to start worrying about which diff to use, if its quick acceleration you want i would put your efforts into suspension geometry and tyres, grip is going to be the big decider here not diffs

mate i think your over thinking this, with a T61 you really dont need to start worrying about which diff to use, if its quick acceleration you want i would put your efforts into suspension geometry and tyres, grip is going to be the big decider here not diffs

thanks buddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.