The mkiv Supra Owners Club

British Drift Championship 2010

Suprash

As some of you know I am in the middle of re-shelling the Nissan, this will be sold to fund my love for everything that is Supra. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=204879

Im only a matter of weeks away from picking up the rolling shell from Matt's and will soon be starting the Supra build along side finishing the Nissan off. Im also trying to track down the original owner of this car, I'll just say it was a home respray attempt that went wrong and they ended up reshelling ?

I will soon be listing a mahoooooosive, and it will be large, wanted thread of all the bits I need to complete the car, so all you squirel Supra owners that no doubt have all sorts tucked away in your garages and sheds, if you fancy a clear out, start thinking about what you have, but basicly I need everything to make a Supra, and I have to have everything sourced, paid and fitted in time for March.

But all the effort and hard work, spent in the cold, dark etc, I will be kept going by the knowledge of where I will get to drift at in the 2010 British Drift Championship, I cant wait, I swear I wet myself everytime I think about this :D

So I give you the 2010 calendar:

Round 1 – 10th/11th April Silverstone – Stowe Circuit

Going to the home of British Motorsport for Round 1 of the championship is seen as a massive step forward for the BDC. As one of the main attractions of the ISTS (International Styling & Tuning Show) the BDC will be staging our first event on Stowe Circuit and will witness a drifting competition unlike anything previously staged at this historic circuit.

Round 2 – 22nd May Llandow Circuit - South Wales

The BDC makes a welcome return to one of the regular BDC tracks of 2008/2009. With a tight section followed by fast flowing curves this venue has everything to test our drivers. With big name upsets in the past, will there be another David versus Goliath event?

Round 3 - 19th June Lydden Hill - Kent

The drivers' favourite is once again on the 2010 calendar as the BDC returns to the fantastic venue of Lydden Hill in Kent. The BDC hosted the first ever drift competition at this venue in 2008 and made a triumphant return in 2009. The spectators will witness drivers battling for top honours on the fast hills of Lydden and the drivers will require every ounce of power and skill to master this demanding course.

Round 4 – 17th July

This venue is exclusive to the BDC in 2010 and has never been used for drifting in its history. The stakes will be high to be the first ever victor on this track in front of an expectant crowd.

The location of this event will be announced in due course.

Individual Top 32 Competition & Team Event 6/7/8th August (3 day drift extravaganza) Norfolk Arena - Kings Lynn

After an amazing 3 day event in 2009 the BDC returns for the most fun packed weekend of drifting. The smallest but most technical track on the BDC calendar will see drivers given more practice than has ever been known at a UK drift event. Battling inside the purpose built oval will generate an electric atmosphere with enthusiastic crowds just metres from the action. This event will offer three days of drift action. Friday will see the track open to all competing drivers as a full day of practice. Saturday will see the BDC run a Top 32 for ANY BDC Licensed driver from either class to see drivers battling it out in front of the always excitable audience. The Sunday will play host to the world famous BDC Team Championship - with close battles and team triple drifting, it will be another fantastic day! Can Team Green hold their crown for a second year?

Round 5 The Final – 25/26th September Knockhill - Scotland

The BDC makes its first visit to the world famous Knockhill circuit in Scotland. This 2 day event will see qualification for both classes take place on Saturday followed by the Semi Pro final. The Pro final will be on the Sunday with the top 16 taking on the mighty 100MPH entries on the blind entry to Seat Curve. This event will bring the 2010 BDC season to a fantastic climax and will determine who will be crowned as the British Drift Champions in both Semi Professional and Professional classes.

Lets make sure the 1st Toyota Supra competing in the BDC is part of this community :D

Guest EncoreWRC

Ash.. Good luck. I have been messed about by my sponsors and my car wont be ready for this season. Still got my engine in bits and keep sidelining it. If I can help at all give me a shout. I know how despirate I have been to qualify this year and I have not even had the chance of getting off the starting blocks!

I have a few bits that will be up for grabs early this year but not sure if they will be in time....

Inlet manifold, throttle body, turbos, manifold, and a few other bits... but they are all J spec and I don't know what power you are aiming for etc......

Ash.. Good luck. I have been messed about by my sponsors and my car wont be ready for this season. Still got my engine in bits and keep sidelining it. If I can help at all give me a shout. I know how despirate I have been to qualify this year and I have not even had the chance of getting off the starting blocks!

I have a few bits that will be up for grabs early this year but not sure if they will be in time....

Inlet manifold, throttle body, turbos, manifold, and a few other bits... but they are all J spec and I don't know what power you are aiming for etc......

Dude, I need so much stuff its almost scary, I'll be in contact ;)

Great stuff Ash. :)

Will try and catch June's event mate. :cool:

Andy, do that, be good to shake your hand fella :cool:

Guest suprabass

Ill be at all the events above mate, If there is anything layng around the garage that I dont need and you do when you post up the wanted thread ill send it your way.

Youll not be the only supra to be playing in BDC lol

Guest EncoreWRC

Ash, I will book my car in with Dude as soon as I can to have my engine done.. once all the bits are off we can sort something out....

Again, you are not a million miles away from me either so if you get stuck, just drop me a line!

There's usually a group of us who go to Silverstone, so may well see you there. :)

I hope you're going to spare a little time for a project thread!

A project thread will commence like I have done with the Nissan once she is started on.

Ill be at all the events above mate, If there is anything layng around the garage that I dont need and you do when you post up the wanted thread ill send it your way.

Youll not be the only supra to be playing in BDC lol

Im aware of another guy building a Supra for the BDC next year, but there are lots of reasons why he might not be there on the start line come Round 1 :D But having another fellow Supe owner there wont be such a bad thing, I just want to be the first out with mine lol.......

Good luck with this Ash. If I pull my finger out and get the car done in time I'll pop to the Silverstone event and check out the action. Never been to one before so be good to see.

That would be good Ed, I have picked your car up a few times now so to see her running under her own steam would be good ;)

No promises on the results, but the events crew and I will do our bit to try and make sure we organise some support to come along to as many of the rounds as possible. :)

Do you have any idea/clues as to where round 4 will be held? :sly:

I really dont yet mate, BDC are keeping this round very tight lip'ed for some reason, although Im sure it couldnt triumph Silverstone or Knockhill, but all I do know is that no one has ever drifted here before, so it will be a first ;)

is your car still going to be on the road? im trying to keep mine but i dont think it will happen. have you got your licence yet?

What car are you on about mate, my Supra or my Nissan ? And I take it when you say have I got my licence yet, you mean my drift licence, but yeah, I passed my drift licence in Nov 08 ;)

I’m hoping to get to the Kings Lynn event, I went to see drifting for the first time last time it was a kings Lynn and I really enjoyed my self so looking forward to the next one.

Ah, so you went to Kings Lynn this year then, I was there man. Spun on all 3 of my judged laps, so big fat zero for me that day :( But the team tripple drifting event was awsome, had a good laugh at that, not sure if you'll be able to see these.....http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=309052&id=640625383&l=7f6fd11549

im on about the supra. im hoping to get mine ready for next year. where did you do your licence?

Ah right, so you're building one as well ;) What stage is at ? Spec its going to be ? Have we spoke before, I know there is someone else on here thats doing one with a welsh chap off driftworks but I dont recognise your name, but then I am rubbish with names lol ?

Done my licence at Norfolk arena, what about you mate ?

I will soon be listing a mahoooooosive, and it will be large, wanted thread of all the bits I need to complete the car, so all you squirel Supra owners that no doubt have all sorts tucked away in your garages and sheds, if you fancy a clear out, start thinking about what you have, but basicly I need everything to make a Supra, and I have to have everything sourced, paid and fitted in time for March.

March, sunshine it needs to be up and running and going for shakedowns by March :)

But all the effort and hard work, spent in the cold, dark etc, I will be kept going by the knowledge of where I will get to drift at in the 2010 British Drift Championship, I cant wait, I swear I wet myself everytime I think about this :D

Lets make sure the 1st Toyota Supra competing in the BDC is part of this community :D

The support van will be there as you know :)

March, sunshine it needs to be up and running and going for shakedowns by March :)

Ok, I'll ask you what went wrong then when we are still lent under the bonnet in March threating at how little time we have left lol :p :D

But shakedown in March would be good, need some seat time in the new car ;)

mines just bpu tt 5speed manual. ive just taken alot of the interior out, waiting to sell some wheels so i can get some seats for it. getting a cage put in early next year. alot more plans, cant think at the mo of the rest... i think i lent you a fire extinguisher at suprapod this year

Ah, now I remember you lol, yeah thanks for that ;) So have you passed your licence then ?

Good luck Ash, I will try and make silverstone:)

Would be good fella ;)