The mkiv Supra Owners Club

97 Facelift SZ-R 6-speed manual Gunmetal Grey

Dave_SZ-R

Now £SOLD!

Ive decided its time to put the Supra up for sale, or swap if the right car comes along.

I bought the car from a well-known import garage in January this year, and it has never given me a single issue since.

It is a facelift 1997 SZ-R 6-speed manual in Gunmetal grey (6no). It has approx 87k miles on the clock, and is in excellent condition. The car is taxed until June and MOTd until October 2010.

Since buying the car I have fitted a Do-Luck front bumper, Blitz rear bumper and deleted the rear wiper, aeriel and spoiler. All work is professionally done, with all receipts from Performance Auto Trix in Edinburgh. As you would expect with all this work being done recently, the bodywork and paint are in excellent condition. There is a tiny crack inside the rear wheelarch which you would have to be on all fours to see, other than that the car is flawless.

This car has the V161 Getrag manual gearbox and AO2B diff. Ive just fitted a set of Advan Super Racing version 2 wheels and new tyres. The car has just had new brake pads and a brand new 3-inch marine grade stainless steel cat-back exhaust fitted. It has yellow Bilstein dampers all round and an Apexi induction kit.

Inside, the car has a Recaro reclining drivers’ seat and a stock passenger seat. This is a facelift, so the car has the newer dash, black carpets, leather rears, A/C, leccy folding mirrors and all the other good stuff. I have fitted a double-DIN Kenwood stereo with IPod connection and Pioneer door speakers since buying the car. The interior is in great condition, with no marks, holes or sticky stuff on it, although the bolster on the drivers’ seat has worn a bit due to me sliding across it.

Im lucky enough to have a good friend and an in-law who are both mechanics, as well as having a full tyre bay in my place of work with three ramps - suffice to say the car has been well cared for. The car was serviced in April by Hypertech (pretty much the only garage who come recommended for Supras in the Edinburgh area) which included changing the gearbox and diff oil (with receipt).

The SZ-R is a great drive, and IMO the 6-speed box really sets it apart from other NAs. It is also probably the best model for going NA-TT down the line, as the Getrag can handle big power.

I have afew bits lying around unfitted, including: Veilside rear spats (genuine), stock rear bumper, stock airbox, 10 inch sub & box, MutantX amp and aeriel & rear wiper with motors. These would be included in the sale.

Sorry for the essay everyone, just don’t want to miss anything out- thanks for reading!

Some pics:

New wheels & tyres:

New custom made 3 inch marine-grade stainless steel exhaust system:

yes it is, it will be a V161 as all later TT's got.

It has a higher ratio diff compared to the TT though.

It is a V161 box, which had its oil changed earlier this year. Lovely smooth shift, best gearchange Ive ever driven!

s16rc, give me a PM if interested. :)

£4k ;) ?

Well, if you dont ask, you dont get- but its a no!

I was offered £4600 by a member on here, and I turned that down.

If someone offered me *not a huge amount* more than that, Id certainly consider the offer seriously... ;)

This could be a cheap 6 speed TT for someone (or just a great NA!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I take it the part ex would have to be a TT?

Ideally, yes. Obviously if I was part exing my car for a TT there would be decent money going the TT owners' way. You want to part ex your red NA I presume? Might be interested depending how much cash was involved, feel free to PM if interested mate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.