The mkiv Supra Owners Club

97 Facelift SZ-R 6-speed manual Gunmetal Grey

Dave_SZ-R

Just a thought... But if you like your car, its in perfect condition, and you want a TT as PX with decent money going their way, why not spend the money you would by PX'ing and just source a TT engine and diff and fit them ?. There are breakers on here that you can source the parts you need from.

Just a thought... But if you like your car, its in perfect condition, and you want a TT as PX with decent money going their way, why not spend the money you would by PX'ing and just source a TT engine and diff and fit them ?. There are breakers on here that you can source the parts you need from.

To be honest, Id prefer a sale to a swap as Id like a bit of cash in my pocket. Although Id consider a swap against a TT (realistically it would be an auto, older than mine), I wouldnt be looking to put that much money the TT owners way- not enough to pay for a TT conversion anyway. Unfortunately, Im just not going to have £2k+ available in the near future to do the conversion.

Open to offers on the car by the way...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a brand new 3-inch stainless steel exhaust from 1st cat back fitted yesterday by Jamesy ( http://jndevelopment.net/ ).

System that was on there appeared to be mild steel and had seen better days, Ill get some pics and vids of the new exhaust up soon.

The car sounds phenomenal now, pretty loud on full throttle but cruises unobtrusively. There is also an exhaust baffle for those who like their exhaust quiet! :)

if this was 4 months down the line Dave i'd have had this

unfortunately can't get another Supra until Uni is finished up

best of luck with sale,real stunner of a car

p.s.

if you decide to hold on to it for few more months please let me know,i'd be very very interested come the end of May

Heres afew pics and vids of the new exhaust. Its a 3 inch system from 1st cat back, made by James at JN Developments. Sounds fantastic with revs, and cruises quietly- there is a baffle for those who like a quiet exhaust.

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/daveofedinburgh/clean043.jpg

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/daveofedinburgh/clean049.jpg

The vids:

I seen this car last weekend and can second Dave when he says it sounds fantastic.

I seen this car last weekend and can second Dave when he says it sounds fantastic.

Thanks George, glad you liked it. Pleased to announce its had a good polish with Turtle Wax Extreme and a mechanical buffer, so its actually clean too!

Loving your new Sup mate, looks good.

Picking up BradzT's Advans tomo, will get some pics up soon! :D

Thanks George, glad you liked it. Pleased to announce its had a good polish with Turtle Wax Extreme and a mechanical buffer, so its actually clean too!

Loving your new Sup mate, looks good.

Picking up BradzT's Advans tomo, will get some pics up soon! :D

Thanks Dave,Im going to try and get over to queensferry on saturday morning.

Nice looking car mate.Looking for a Supra myself at the moment.Why are you selling car after such a short time?

I want some cash to do another road trip in the States this September. Looking to sell the car for very close to my asking price and maybe buy something for about £3-3.5k as my daily driver.

We try to do one every year, but just cant afford it this time without some sacrifices... I reckon £3k can buy a decent car these days, plus Ive got a little stripped out Ibiza Cupra for trackday fun:

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.