The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel nuts x 10 PLEASE!

Jamesy

Hi

Just bought some 15mm hubcentric spacers and have been informed i will need an extra set of nuts to secure the wheel to them (didnt think of that!!!)

So i just need 10 wheel nuts so i can fit them to my rear wheels this week pretty please??!!!

:D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just bought some 15mm hubcentric spacers and have been informed i will need an extra set of nuts to secure the wheel to them (didnt think of that!!!)

So i just need 10 wheel nuts so i can fit them to my rear wheels this week pretty please??!!!

:D

You need the half width type bud. You can get them from driftworks.

You need the half width type bud. You can get them from driftworks.

ah right - so getting 10 stock ones is no good mate??

Replied to your PM mate... Are you sure you need extra nuts though :confused:

i think i need nuts.

as far as im aware my spacers attach to my hub using my existing nuts, then i need to attach the wheel to the spacers studs using an extra set of nuts???

think thats right :search:

No, the spacers attach to the hub using the shallow nuts i mentioned. If you think about it, a standard nut is about an inch long (25.4mm) if your getting 20mm spacers then how would they fit under the flush while holding the spacer on ;)

No, the spacers attach to the hub using the shallow nuts i mentioned. If you think about it, a standard nut is about an inch long (25.4mm) if your getting 20mm spacers then how would they fit under the flush while holding the spacer on ;)

sh!t - ok mate thanx.

the spacers are 15mm ... i'll have to look on driftworks then i guess .... :blink:

15mm hub adapters? I doubt that. Never seen them that small anyway. You might have a tough time getting nuts to fit those. Most 15mm spacers are just spacers.

These are from a club member who i think bought them from Envy.

He said they bolt onto the hub then they have studs pointing outwards that then connect up with the wheel.

dont spacers just have a hole and no studs attched to them? :search:

These are from a club member who i think bought them from Envy.

He said they bolt onto the hub then they have studs pointing outwards that then connect up with the wheel.

dont spacers just have a hole and no studs attched to them? :search:

Sounds like adapters then. Maybe his alloys have a webbed face that can accommodate the nuts?

Is he not sending the nuts along with the spacers? Surely they were supplied by envy?

I told you, driftworks. Need to start an echo in this thread ;)

Notice that the website doesn't list 15mm adapters either. Never heard of them. Won't be a lot holding them onto the car and you will need to grind the crap out of your studs if you don't have webbed alloys.

They are definately 15mm. Drove all over scotland with them and then as a daily driver for about 6 months. No issues at all and they are as good as new. Cant remember if the alloys were webbed though TBH.

If you didn't grind the studs then you definitely have webbed alloys. I ran 20mm spacers for a bit and i had to grind the studs as they stuck out 1mm. Fouled on the alloy face.

Scott how do u mean there wont be much holding the wheel on?

So once i get some of these m12 nuts from driftworks ;) im also going to have to grind the studs on the spacers? Or the studs on my hubs?

Sounds like a royal pain in the 'arris

Well how thick do you think the nuts are? Its not rocket science ;)

Either the nuts will stick out of the top of the spacers or they will eat into the spacer width. The further into the spacer the nuts are the less material between the nut and the spacer there will be. I guess i should just draw it......

attachment.php?attachmentid=99891&stc=1&d=1255536681

As you can see, the further down the material the nut locates, the less material you have the nut holding onto. If the nut has a decent amount of material, like the pic, then the nut will protrude from the top of the spacer. For safety you should always be as far into a thread as the thread is thick. In this instance the thread is 12mm thick so you want to be gripping onto 12mm of thread... @1.5mm per thread you want to be 8 full turns onto the stud.

IIRC the nuts are around 16mm high so will be thicker than the spacers anyway.

Lol thanx scott. I think i must be really fecking thick ....

Is your description above relating the these new half width nuts?

I will order 10 of the m12 studs from the driftworks link above then take the whole lot to my mates garage incase anythin needs trimming etc

Lol thanx scott. I think i must be really fecking thick ....

Is your description above relating the these new half width nuts?

I will order 10 of the m12 studs from the driftworks link above then take the whole lot to my mates garage incase anythin needs trimming etc

Yeah, basically if you don't have webbed alloys i can't see these going on at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.