The mkiv Supra Owners Club

chugging!!!

fizzle

sorry not an invite to a beer drinking comp...

when i apply the gas the car chuggs and splutters, (sounds like a blockage in fuel pipe ) this only occurs whilst engine is cold, once warmed up its fine.. i tried the STP injector cleaner, and also a fuel cleaner but to no avail. i've had 2 m8's look at it one thinks could be o2 sensors the other says the temp sensor.. has anyone else had this problem?, where are the said sensors located? how much to replace?

its a 94 n/a.

thanks

Edited by fizzle (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

right this problem has returned tried the reset but still happening, doesnt seem to clear up when i drive either, gave it a bit of welly to see if it was just a blockage in fuel pipes etc but problem persists...

just seems to be problem after problem atm... gettin very fed up with supra ownership!

any ideas guys?

sorry bare with me, i'm learning as i go.... the dizzy cap is the bit all the ht leads fit into, correct? shall i take that apart and look for signs of burning?

where is the rotor arm located?

not sure if/when they have been changed? i haven't done it in the 3years i owned it!

thanks for your help!

sorry bare with me, i'm learning as i go.... the dizzy cap is the bit all the ht leads fit into, correct? shall i take that apart and look for signs of burning?

not sure if/when they have been changed? i haven't done it in the 3years i owned it!

thanks for your help!

inside the cap,they are cheap enuf from toyota.ive had a fiew engines where the arm was burnt away.

thanks for your help!

Yes the bit where the HT leads go is the distributer cap and inside that is the rotor arm. If its not been changed in 3 years you'd do well to replace it, will probably transform your car lol

Yes the bit where the HT leads go is the distributer cap and inside that is the rotor arm. If its not been changed in 3 years you'd do well to replace it, will probably transform your car lol

is it just the rotor arm to replace? no other bits needed?

am ordering few other parts so will do it all in one go?

is it an easy diy job?

thanks for the help guys!!

bridge E1 and TE1 with a paperclip in the diag port but you need the ignition on and then check how many times the engine light flashes. it'll flash then pause for the first digit then flash again for the second (i think there's a guide somewhere on this)

here it is http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35920&highlight=check+engine+code

bridge E1 and TE1 with a paperclip in the diag port but you need the ignition on and then check how many times the engine light flashes. it'll flash then pause for the first digit then flash again for the second (i think there's a guide somewhere on this)

here it is http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35920&highlight=check+engine+code

did this but engine light just flashes continuosly

Edited by fizzle (see edit history)