The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White 1998 VVTi TT 6 speed Supra for sale urgently needs to go...

SilverSoop

Hi all, further to my most recent thread regarding my Supra, unfortunetly she has to go...:(

I need a very quick sale and has to go ASAP!!

She drives lovely and looks great and I have only covered 3,000 miles since I have bought her.

She has 140,395 KM and in miles that is 87,256 miles.

All the Spec can be found in my garage and also everytime I post, you can see all the Spec there too.

She has recently had a full major service in August last year so it doesn't need a service for a little while.

I have all the service history complete with what I have done with the Supra including Tax disc's and MOT's.

I have recently had the ''Likwidart'' liquid chrome devil horn toyota badges fitted to my Supra which has that little extra added touch and looks cool...:)

I have also had a 5 piece polished hard pipe kit fitted my engine bay along with a Blitz sonic induction system and a 2nd decat pipe fitted.

I still have the original OEM engine parts.

However, she does have a few minor niggles which do need attention in the future as I couldn't get round to doing it in time...these are:

1) There is a crack in the nearside side skirt which was done by an incompetent garage who wouldn't own up to it...

2) The Getrag 6 speed gearbox does seem to have a little backlash in the gearbox and I have been to numerous garage's and member's on here about the gearbox and they could find no issue.

The gearbox is in good working order and shifts smoothly every gear.

3) The Turbo's are starting to wear but at the moment they are fine and are in good working order.

Those are the only downsides apart from the Supra not being Taxed and MOT'd due to me being made redundant and I couldn't afford to run it...:(

I also have a 1st Decat pipe which i'll throw in with the sale of this Supra.

Ok, she is going for £7,600 ovno

You can either PM me or contact me on 0781 0625 129.

More pictures are to follow shortly but there are pictures in my garage.

Shane.

Shane you want to get whoever buys the car settle the finance direct ( or bankers draft made out to them ) and give you the balance

That's a fair point as the car will show up on HPi as having outstanding finance. You will have to disclose to your buyer the outstanding amount and you will have to pay it off prior to the sale of the car. As there is finance outstanding the car isn't technically yours to sell until it's paid off.

Hi mate sorry to hear your news

For a quick sale with no MOT, Tax, snatchy gearbox and a turbo 'issue' you will need to lower the price IMO, I know this is not what you want to hear but I do think you may have a hard time selling in time at 8K :(

totally agree, you need to get the issues sorted to get that sort of money mate;)

Really, for a car with no tax or mot you'd spend 8k :blink:

I understand where you are coming from but having being made redundant, I am unable to do anything with the Supra hence the Tax and MOT has run out...

The Supra runs like a dream it's just I am unable to afford it.

Hi mate sorry to hear your news

For a quick sale with no MOT, Tax, snatchy gearbox and a turbo 'issue' you will need to lower the price IMO, I know this is not what you want to hear but I do think you may have a hard time selling in time at 8K :(

Yeah I know but I can only go as low as £7.6k unfortunetly...

totally agree, you need to get the issues sorted to get that sort of money mate;)

I was going to Gaz but as I say, I can't afford to run it...so she has to go...:(

Shane, as I mentioned many times before there is nothing wrong with the gearbox, it's one of the smoothest 6spd's I've driven (and thats a lot).

Oh well, there you go then...:D

Thanks Darryl...:)

I just thought that because it has a little backlash, there was something wrong with it.

Having said that, numerous garage's couldn't find anything wrong with it...I suppose it's just me being a concerned owner...:D

Well if it doesn't sell, then Close Motor Finance will come to collect th car very soon...:(

Ok...so what's a reasonable price that the Supra would sell at??

I would get an MOT and Tax, however with no money and the fact that my insurance has expired and I haven't renewed it, I can't drive it...:(

Well if it doesn't sell, then Close Motor Finance will come to collect th car very soon...:(

Ok...so what's a reasonable price that the Supra would sell at??

I would get an MOT and Tax, however with no money and the fact that my insurance has expired and I haven't renewed it, I can't drive it...:(

i don,t think you want to know its worth without mot mate:(

you must get that sorted first

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.