The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White 1998 VVTi TT 6 speed Supra for sale urgently needs to go...

SilverSoop

no insurance means you cannot tax it either mate

Yeah I know mate...:( :(

Good luck with the sale Shane lovely looking car, so sorry to hear about your circumstances but I'm pretty sure you'll be back in one soon.

Hope everything works out for you :)

Thanks Lynz...:)

Yes I know...:(

The only thing is, I don't have insurance either so I can't drive it...So how would I be able to get it to an MOT station?

temp insurance mate. then get the mot sorted, but even so with the issues the car has, gearbox/cosmetic crack etc i still don,t think you will get your asking price, don,t mean to put a downer on things, its just the way it is with the economy at the moment:( i do hope things turn around for you mate

Yes I know...:(

The only thing is, I don't have insurance either so I can't drive it...So how would I be able to get it to an MOT station?

Surely not having the car insured is asking for trouble, even if you're not driving it... What if someone damaged it?

Any buyer can phone through the outstanding balance on a Debit card and ask for a receipt/letter by e-mail or fax stating the finance company have no interest in it anymore. I did this for £9000 on my L200, and it all went smooth.

Bear in mind they will only accept a debit card as you can't use credit to pay off credit in these sorts of cases.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the price a backlash on the gearbox is nothing as "homer" says.

And for the crack on the skirt get that fixed up for £150!!

At the end of the day its low miles and a VVTI 1998 and looks in mint condtion. Think thats just about the right price ! carnt be letting all these little chavs getting hold of the TT's cheap now can we ;)

For me the MOT wouldnt be a problem , however for a lot of people (ie most of your target audience) it will be, even a MOT failure sheet would help the sale..

I really think you should find the money from somewhere, and MOT it, even if it fails on something, Its not like its gonna fail on much in that condition.. a tyre or bulb at worst..

I really think it would help the sale and get it gone sooner... you might not have to drop the price so much either as without a mot people will be looking for a steal rather than what its worth.. Its a nice car dont let it go for peanuts

or get two mates, one in front the other behind and take it there in the dark lol

Honestly though i have literally ie today got my MOT station to pick mine up for MOT as i have not Insurance, they were happy to help, at the end of the day the garages need your custom, they are going through a barren patch at the mo what with the credit crunch an all that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.