The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got flashed heading TOWARDS a gatso

JamesC

Coming back from Scotland today (from the cheap-o hotel that Branners pointed me to :thumbs:) i was flashed on the A68. I was overtaking a car in a 60 zone - so therefore on the wrong side of the road and probably doing over 60 when a gatso flashed me as i was going towards it. As far as i know gatso's can only get you when you are heading away from them, can anyone confirm this? It was definately a gatso as i went back to have a look :innocent:.

Why is it that on every straight bit of decent overtaking road there's a camera??

And a pic of the £10/night hotel. Cheers Branners well worth it!

Sorry for a stupid question! Whats a gatso? Is it like a speed camera? We don't have them on the IoM, which is nice! :D

It's a speed camera and it looks like this. If the camera is pointing towards you, like this one is, then you will be ok and you can speed through them with no problem, even if it inadvertantly flashes and takes a pic.

If it's pointing away from you, like this then you'd better slow down!

Inattentive & ignorant drivers often slow down for gatsos even though they are pointing towards them :rolleyes:

It's a speed camera and it looks like this. If the camera is pointing towards you, like this one is, then you will be ok and you can speed through them with no problem, even if it inadvertantly flashes and takes a pic.

Inattentive & ignorant drivers often slow down for gatsos even though they are pointing towards them :rolleyes:

I'm one of those people, Until reading this i never even new that, But i'm so used to slowing down i doubt i will trust them so expect i will continue to slow down. :innocent:

Ah nice one! Being on the Isle of Man with our lack of speed limits and not a speed camera in sight i consider myself quite lucky!...now i need that ellusive TT!:sly:

Thats an amazing pic and an amazing price. Have that pic blown up dude, it's like you are returning home to your manor after a night of adventure.

The quality of the pic wouldn't be very good if it was blown up, you can already see that the rear lights are a bit dodgy.

loving that pic
Just how much do you love that pic?

Lots? :p

Is that a deveres hotel? I just came back from one last week.

Nice pic - funny rarely see supras with a stock exhaust - that exhaust looks tiny. I thought there was something wrong with it at first ;)

Yeah it's a de vere hotel, was very nice and especially for that price ;)

Stock exhaust is the way forward, it means you can't get caught speeding :D

There are those nasty forward facing ones though, narrower than a stndard gatso with a big lens? The lines are painted on the road before the camera rather than after. I think they're Trevelos?

Yeah Truvelos have the round lenses on the front.