The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial Rear Bumper needed ASAP

jimojameso

I have used some time on research this week.

Keron do not have any at them moment.

Madmotors: "The bumper is a very good fit - http://www.junzai.net. Junzai are one of the best fitting parts we sell. "

But when google on Junzai I dont fine anything in japan or styling parts outside UK.

And i cant find anyone how have try one.

Replikit has 2 type of quality.

One for ebay(grade "B") costermer, and another for there website(grade A)

grade A is double celcoat

grade B is fibreglass slighty lesser quality.

I talk whit some on here. Thay say ok fit, but it is not at bolt on.

Buy I can't really expect a "bolt on", when it is a copy, right?

Replikit offers money back if the fitment is bad. But whit shipping at £170 each way(denmark) it is not that good a deal for me. :)

what to do...:search:

I do not have £770+ to a org. Trial bumber.

They tried to help me out when the BX style I bought from them wouldn't fit. I got a Do-Luck instead from them which when fitted has a massive bulge in the front of the nosecone. may be selling the Trial rear back to them at this rate, cos I haven't fitted it yet. pissed off with Replikit atm to be honest...

Well if the bodyshop can't rectify the bulge, it's going back and i'll be getting my money back. They'll be getting their rear bumper back and a whole lot of bad publicity if they don't sort their acts out pretty bloody soon!

Any pictures?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my whol kit from replikit (trial rear, do luck front and veilside sides). I collected the kit and then when it came to fitting had problems. Couldnt get the front or rear fitted at all. I phoned up replikit and they were adiment it would fit. They offered to come over to prove it would fit (a good few hours drive from for them) and i accepted. They arrived with me and after an hours worth of nipping and tucking etc both front and rear were fitted fine.

The rear is pretty much perfect, looks great on. The do luck does have a bulge in the nose but does seem to be the case with copies. A good body shop wil ddefinately be able to sort the bulge out it just is time consuming and with mine, i only saw the bulge once painted! so will cost a fair bit to get right and re paint again, so will live with it for now.

Sorry for the long message but in summary, Replikit are a good company. For the sake of their reputationt they spent half a day (for free) in driving to me and helping me with my kit and they are a replica company.

If the kit i bought fits im sure yours will but will prob need a little nip/ tuc.

Hope this helps guys......

• 2 weeks later...

I will soon post some pictures of the trail bumper from replikit.

First when i was fitting whitout doing anything to it.

Then when I used alot of hours trying to fit it.

I talk to them why it is not fitting as good, and ask for some money back. But thay just say you have to sand down there and there. Some places I allready send down to the fiberglass, and if I gonna sand more, I go true the fiberlgass. Thay do not respone on my some money back request.

I just have to set up alle my pictures. Ill be back :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.