The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra plug and play boot installs

Blackie

This boot install is made to fit two 12” subs with a sub clearance of 160mm.I can make it to fit one 12" or up to three but the amp will have to be somewhere else. I will be doing 10" sub holes as soon as i have sourced a 10" sub for hole size.The boot build/sub box is designed so that the box is "Locked" between the rear of the car and the rear seat in its upright position, but when the rear seat is in the down position it can be lifted out with ease to get to the spare wheel, and is placed on to the existing boot carpet to stop any unwanted vibration.

It is made with 1/2" MDF (For weight saving) with a deep foamed leatherette top which is flush with the rear surround of the boot, All the end user needs to do is fit their own subs and amp to it. The box is router cut and glued and screwed for strength.

I can make slightly modded/custom builds at request along the same lines as this one.

Please Pm me for price or anymore info. I can send these via courior for £25

Payed up members only please

Sorry about the small picture at the end, I dont know what happend

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame, really wanted it stealth. i'll have to come up with a way of keeping the blind :sly:

I had to remove the mounts of the blind so its a snug fit. looks cleaner as well. Its not an issue with my Supe as i have blacked out windows :cool:

Guest sl4444

Saw this in person only two weekends ago and it is so well made i was impressed, if you saw it you would want one;) He will be making me one shortly:OK:

Saw this in person only two weekends ago and it is so well made i was impressed, if you saw it you would want one;) He will be making me one shortly:OK:

My little buddy above would like something slightly more custom i believe ;)

Guest mattsupra

ive got an infinity 12" sub and two amps i need to go in my boot and just wondering about the sound quality as all subs need a certain ammount of space etc so can you calculate what sub needs what and so on?

i was wanting something more in yer face so to speak so how wild can you go on boot builds please?

pics info would be great if poss and ty for pm blackie

just thought it would be good to see what else you can/have done

matt

They look very nice mate.

I take it these are ported boxes? I see the little hole in the picture that's all. I might be wrong but I thought for a ported box, you needed a hole in that's quite a bit bigger than the one in the picture. I thought the hole size was measureable to the amount of air displaced?

Not having a go or anything, I could even be wrong on this one. But for such a nice looking product, I thought it would be worth checking up on.

ive got an infinity 12" sub and two amps i need to go in my boot and just wondering about the sound quality as all subs need a certain ammount of space etc so can you calculate what sub needs what and so on?

i was wanting something more in yer face so to speak so how wild can you go on boot builds please?

pics info would be great if poss and ty for pm blackie

just thought it would be good to see what else you can/have done

matt

These havent had the air volume calculated as i have made them so you can still have a spare wheel. I have one (Obviously) and the sound quality is phonominal. Pm me with your idea and i will see if i can ;)

They look very nice mate.

I take it these are ported boxes? I see the little hole in the picture that's all. I might be wrong but I thought for a ported box, you needed a hole in that's quite a bit bigger than the one in the picture. I thought the hole size was measureable to the amount of air displaced?

Not having a go or anything, I could even be wrong on this one. But for such a nice looking product, I thought it would be worth checking up on.

Thats not a port hole, Its for the wiring ;) These are sealed units :)

These havent had the air volume calculated an i have made them so you can still have a spare wheel. I have one (Obviously) and the sound quality is phonominal. Pm me with your idea and i will see if i can ;)

Thats not a port hole, Its for the wiring ;) These are sealed units :)

Ah right good man. Do you know what the volume of the boxes are?

EDIT, sorry I have just seen one of your previous posts.

Guest mattsupra

even so on that one steb we could really do with the air volume as my sub is rather expensive and wouldnt want to damage it in any way by putting it in a box it shouldnt be in lol

ill pm you what i need and specs etc and well go from there

thanks

matt

even so on that one steb we could really do with the air volume as my sub is rather expensive and wouldnt want to damage it in any way by putting it in a box it shouldnt be in lol

I'm 100% sure that not having the air volume calculated wont damage a sub lol

Guest mattsupra
I'm 100% sure that not having the air volume calculated wont damage a sub lol

it would damage it if the box was too small as its a pro sub and needs the right ammount of air

yes it would work but not as it should do to the exstent (sp?) of making the right noise and level if its in the wrong box as you could put any old sub in any old box if that was the case

matt

I suppose there maybe a way of fitting the blind. :search:

Well if there was a way mate i'd be interested but I don't want to black out the windows on mine so would want the blind...

I've got an old sub and amp from my old bmw I had 2-3 years ago still sitting and covered in dust in the garage lol :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.