The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snowboarders...come!

Ian W

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my mates are still in discussions on when we can actually get a collective week free to go. Looking at midweek-midweek now as we can't find 2 consecutive weekends when we're all free. We'll be looking for cheap as deals imminently :D

I'm getting excited just thinking about hitting some fresh powder!!

I reckon we should do a club trip this year!

:D

Maybe a week at the start of the season, before Xmas '08? I'd be up for it!

Id be up for that although im a Skier

The last skier I encountered was a German lady who knew a lot of swear words. I had stacked it about 50 metres up the piste from her and proceeded to take her out though :(

convoy up the alps it is then:blink:

The Supra might not be a 612 Scagliateli (sp), but that sounds like a plan :cool:

do it, do it, do it, do it :D

You make a persuasive argument! :D

I didn't think this could actually happen......now I do though! :cool:

If a week was set aside now, I could plan for it. I usually only budget one snowboarding holiday a year, as they're not the cheapest weeks away.

I'm hoping to get to some summer shows this year. If I get to actually meet some of you, I'd be more up for it!

If a week was set aside now, I could plan for it. I usually only budget one snowboarding holiday a year, as they're not the cheapest weeks away.

I'm hoping to get to some summer shows this year. If I get to actually meet some of you, I'd be more up for it!

:yeahthat:

If it was planned for Dec 08/Jan 09 then I'de have no problem! Would be such a good laugh!

theres a dry slope near me so if this trip was to happen i could always get some lessons in before hand

I learnt on a dry slope. I've never had such a big black bruise on my arse before or since! So so painful. If you can get to an indoor snow-slope, it'd be worth it. I sometimes drive for 2 hours to Milton Keynes indoor slope to keep on top of my snowboarding.

Last year, one of my friends had only had 2 hours of lessons on a snow slope, but by the end of the week with us, he was hurling himself down red runs, black runs, off piste, the lot. The adrenalin rush of keeping your speed up when off piste is awesome!

how much would i be looking at to spend on equipment? not fussed about it being top of the range or brand new

You could probably get kitted out a for a couple of hundred mate, or just hire for your first time.

I'm a bit of a nutter so basically went out and bought my own stuff....have probably spent about £400 on boots, board, bindings, jacket and trousers.

snowboarding so my more fun than skiing(but i still like skiing). only got back a week ago from les arc 2000. absolutely awesome place for boarders, was my first time boarding.

went on reds on my second day, blacks and off piste on third and by end of the week doing jumps, indy grabs and even 180's (on small jumps though :p)

i dont think i'll be doing skiing anymore until i get like into my 50's or something lol.

dry slopes are pointless imo, they so harsh to learn on, hurt like hell if you fall, and feels nothing like the real thing. MK xscape is good, but thats like an hour and half away for me.

am tempted to go again in march again :D

how much would i be looking at to spend on equipment? not fussed about it being top of the range or brand new

I'd hire for your first holiday really. I've been a few times and I still hire the board boots and bindings, but I'm tempted to get my own boots before going in March. Get the boots wrong, and the whole experience is ruined. Get them right, and you'll get the most out of the board and have so much more fun.

A decent board could easily set you back £300. I'm often tempted by "last season" type sales where you can pick up old model boards and bindings at reasonable prices. You'll need to have a decent jacket, salopets, hat and gloves though - salopets alone will set you back £50+. Oh, and if you don't want to wear your sunglasses, some ski-goggles will set you back £20ish.

For one weeks holiday, I usually budget £700 (could be more though!) for everything. Flights, transfers, accommodation, food, hire of kit, lift pass, apres ski, the lot.

All in all, an expensive hobby for one week a year, but worth every penny IMO :D