The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified MkIII TT Manual For Sale (JZA70 Model, 1JZ-GTE Engine)

tDR

Another year has passed without me using the car at all, so the time has come to sell my beloved 1JZ-GTE engined MkIII Supra :( - I have a daily commuter 320 Coupe and since I got another MkIV TT also, the MkIII just doesn't get used. I think I've done about 1,000 miles since I imported it myself about two and a half years ago! It really is a classic and a collectors piece given the low numbers of these cars in existence - It was Import only and I know of around 10 in the UK, many being auto's and none being black Bomex Aero kitted manuals! :D

It runs 11psi boost (could do more but I'd rather not push the standard Turbos) and the butt dyno tells me it makes around 350bhp like this. Both Getrag on this forum and his m8 have been out for a spin in it if you'd like confirmation of how it goes :D

It's in excellent condition, will come with 12 months MOT (will get this done subject to sale), no tax, has covered 72,000 miles in it's life and is located near Livingston, Central Scotland, about 30 mins drive from Edinburgh. Full Spec is:

- JZA70 Model (Late '91 'J' Registration) with 5-Speed Manual Transmission

- 1JZ-GTE Engine (2.5 Litre Straight 6 Cylinder with Parallel Twin Turbo's, Father to the 2JZ-GTE in the MkIV and is hugely similar with the same legendary strength & reliability)

- Bomex Aerokit (Front bumper, skirts, rear spats)

- HKS FMIC (Type R)

- Tein HA Spec Coilovers

- HKS Twin Plate Clutch (Just overhauled with new plates around 250 miles ago)

- Mechanical LSD (Unknown make, but locks well)

- Blitz Access ECU (Programmed for current mods)

- Kakimoto Exhaust (3" Stainless, quality on a par with the Blitz Nur spec and dare I say it - sounds better )

- Endless Brake Setup (Slotted discs and uprated pads all round)

- Blitz SBC-ID Electronic Boost Controller

- Blitz Power Meter-ID (Pairs with the EBC for increased functionality)

- Blitz SUS Induction kit

- Recaro Bucket Seat (Drivers side)

- Cusco Strut Braces (Front and Rear)

- 17" 'Jim Head' Alloys

- 'Personal' Steering Wheel

- RAZO Shift Knob

Recently serviced using Silkolene Pro S 10W 50 fully synth oil.

Looking for £3,995 ONO. Excellent alternative to buying an NA MkIV :)

Drop me an email [email protected] if interested and we can arrange viewing.

Here's some pics from a photoshoot I did of my two Supras:

Said it before and will say it again, stunning car, prob the nicest MK3 I've ever seen.

Throw in one years free servicing from your old man and you've got a deal ;)

Good luck with the sale, cheap sale for what the buyers are getting :)

Thanks guys :)

It pains me to sell it but I just don't get to drive it! In fact I've not made much of an effort previously because I'm really torn between keeping it but this time I figure I can use the money for a few things in my house.

Not my house in the pics - that's my parent's place, I live about 20 mins drive away. You can see the workshop / garage in the background where we work on our cars. lol @ the free servicing idea, don't think my Dad would be too chuffed with me!

Cheers,

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys n gals :) Yeah it's on mk3 forum after Marty linked my Pistonheads ad over there. I've never advertised it on Autotrader as I suspect it'd just generate time wasters that don't really know or appreciate what this car is.

It's close to being sold - just don't wanna jinx it lol. It looks like it's Emerald Island bound...

Cheers,

Brian.

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys n gals :) Yeah it's on mk3 forum after Marty linked my Pistonheads ad over there. I've never advertised it on Autotrader as I suspect it'd just generate time wasters that don't really know or appreciate what this car is.

It's close to being sold - just don't wanna jinx it lol. It looks like it's Emerald Island bound...

Cheers,

Brian.

And with that it was jinxed - a buyer from Ireland asked me for all sorts of details, wanted me to trailer it to Stranraer for him to take it over via the Belfast ferry and once we agreed all the details and price he decided to pull out before the day saying he couldn't finance it :taped:

So, I realise this is probably the wrong time of year now to be selling but just in case there are people still looking for this kind of car this side of Xmas I'll take SENSIBLE OFFERS....

Cheers,

Brian.

Well she's off to her new home... no doubt the new owner shall reveal themselves on here shortly!

Very sad to see her drive off and when I heard some WOT echoing off the hills it reinforced it's the best sounding car I've ever owned :Pling:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.