The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly smashed up the Supra! Time for some new tyres!

T2 MSW

On the way home from the NW pancake run had an interesting moment going through the airport tunnels. Going from a wet road to the dry tunnel put my foot down, the RLTC missed the trick an the rears spun up kicking the back out 45 degrees for the RLTC to get its brain into gear and cut the engine, in the process pitching the car into the curb.

Was centimetres away from some pavement furniture and Kate did not enjoy staring at a solid concrete wall!!

So I need to get some new tyres as the crap hancooks are just dangerous and now need to get the geo sorted again. Oh and a 'professional' refurb of the wheels I have screwed!

So What would be a good tyre to go for, I like the sounds of the Falken 452's but have heard mixed reviews of them. Same goes for the Vredestein's?

I 've got Dunlop SP9000's on the back but I don't know how good they would be on a TT. Ian Ian has the Vredersteins and swears by them....;)

The Dunlops I have are great but I've spun them a couple recently which has surprised me a bit. When I first got them it was almost impossible to spin the things. Road conditions may have been a recent factor though!

Glad you are ok mate!

H.

On the way home from the NW pancake run had an interesting moment going through the airport tunnels. Going from a wet road to the dry tunnel put my foot down, the RLTC missed the trick an the rears spun up kicking the back out 45 degrees for the RLTC to get its brain into gear and cut the engine, in the process pitching the car into the curb.

Was centimetres away from some pavement furniture and Kate did not enjoy staring at a solid concrete wall!!

So I need to get some new tyres as the crap hancooks are just dangerous and now need to get the geo sorted again. Oh and a 'professional' refurb of the wheels I have screwed!

So What would be a good tyre to go for, I like the sounds of the Falken 452's but have heard mixed reviews of them. Same goes for the Vredestein's?

Oh cack mate. Hope you two are ok. :(

452's seem to be crap on JP's car. Maybe down to the way the power is delivered. Dunno. I'm looking into this a lot more carefully for my change.

Was great meeting you Mike and Kate. Kate, maybe a shopping trip is order for the scare. :D

Oh cack mate. Hope you two are ok. :(

452's seem to be crap on JP's car. Maybe down to the way the power is delivered. Dunno. I'm looking into this a lot more carefully for my change.

Was great meeting you Mike and Kate. Kate, maybe a shopping trip is order for the scare. :D

You and me are going to fall out unless you change that post :p

Yep think i am going to do some research next week and see if Ian Ian will be kind enough to take me for a spin in his :eyebrows:. The other major factor is the LSD which mine does not have but any form of grip from the tyres is better than what I have right now.

I ran Eagle F1's all round and found the car totally predicatable.

Thats the major problem with the Hancooks is that there is no predicting when the back will let go, some times it will be fine on a dry/wet road others there will be no grip what so ever.

The Falken's are a good tyre, sounds like you need to calm your driving down a tad perhaps too.

Taken on board but that was not the issue in this case, I certainly did not plant my foot to the floor it was more along the lines of what you would do to pull out from behind a truck on the motorway to over take it.

Ive just changed from Eagle F1's to Toyo T1r's and i'll be buying the toyo again for sure , best tyre's i've had on a car ever . I didnt think i'd notice much change between them but wow !

Are you comparing your experiences with the F1s when new or when worn down to slicks on the day you swapped to the new, tread-bestowed, Toyos?

Glad you and the car are ok. .

Try the Toyo's - top tyre in both dry and wet plenty of grip and feed back.

Are the T1r's better than the T1S's as I have used them on my Subaru and they were great till they got 50% worn then they lost all grip?