The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Gunmetal Facelift V161 6 speed

hogmaw

Price reduction!

I bought this car in 2004 and have taken great care of it and enjoyed it ever since. It was completely stock when I bought it, and the original importer only had it a few months before selling to me, so I'm the 2nd UK owner and I have all receipts & invoices since. The car has been fully serviced regularly once or twice a year by the Supra experts at Phoenix/Whifbitz/SRD, and every recommendation or advice has been attended to, including extras or non-essential maintenance. In short, no expense has been spared in looking after this car and it has been maintained regardless of cost. As I've had the car so long I can answer all questions regarding its history.

I much prefer to sell to someone in the club, I've enjoyed the car immensely and have spent a lot of time and money on it - I want to see it appreciated and looked after the same way I've done myself.

Reason for sale - 13 years is a long time to own a car, time for a change, that's it! Still, it's hard to let it go.

I'll list it for sale here for a few weeks, if no bites then I'll advertise elsewhere. Thanks for looking [GRIN][/GRIN]

Specs as per below, more pics in my garage:

Mileage: 162k - some of that was in Japan so real mileage is closer to 140k which I can verify.

Engine:

BPU with stock twin turbos

Walbro fuel pump

Iridium plugs

Chris Wilson SMIC

Transmisson

Getrag V161 6-speed with about 65k miles, installed 2014 by Lee @ SRD - car was originally an auto. There is a whirring sound at idle but Lee assured me it's within normal tolerance levels, shifts etc work perfect, no knocks, clunks or grinds.

Spec Stage 1 Clutch

Large case TRD LSD diff

Exhaust:

Veilside Titanium Teardrop

Double decat

Electronics:

Blitz dual solenoid boost controller

RLTC with digi adjuster

Wheels:

Custom made 18" CCW Classic 3 piece split rims (would cost £3000 to buy new now)

Michelin Pilot Sport all round

315/30/18 rear (this is WIDE!)

265/35/18 front (almost new)

Brakes:

OEM big brakes (front discs replaced last year)

Chris Wilson fast road pads

Suspension:

BC Racing Coilovers (easy adjustable damping)

Exterior:

Stock body

No wing (if you want one they are easily obtainable, cheap or even free)

Gunmetal grey, the most desirable colour, looks great - full respray to freshen up was in 2014 due to stone chips etc

Clear side indicators

Stubby arial

Interior:

Apexi boost gauge

Blue LED conversion

TRD steering wheel (worth £800-1000)

Rare black full leather OEM seats, electrics all work fine

ICE:

Kenwood CD/Radio/USB headunit

Focal front speakers

2x6" subwoofers in the boot

PERFORMANCE(see dyno sheet in my garage):

408.3 BHP @ 1.1bar

341.2 RWHP

390ftlb torque

Good bits: a well-maintained 6-speed twin turbo facelift in the most desirable colour with tasteful mods, close to stock, BPU, drives great, will make someone very happy.

Bad bits: one or two of the blue dash LEDs need replacing, drivers side door seal will need replacing at some point, some laminate peel near passenger side rear wheel arch where it was knocked, the usual headlight discolouration which is a common problem, no alarm currently fitted but wiring is there.

Price: £18,000

I'm based south of Oxford, 5 mins from J6 of the M40. No test drive unless you can show insurance. Please send PM if interested, and I have more pics upon request. Pics from my phone, apologies for bad quality!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He must be mad it's rhd so resale valve over there will be less unless he plans to break the car into a LHD na, Plenty lhd for sale in spain tt6 left hand drive 12,800 euro

http://www.ooyyo.com/spain/c=CDA31D7114D2854F111BE56FBAD3355B3CA31D6617F286/-7033360067442240896.html/#default

TT aero 17,900 euro http://www.ooyyo.com/spain/c=CDA31D7114D2854F111BE56FBAD3355B3CA31D6617F286/-7458702702958500779.html/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.