The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BBS Wheels Available Soon

TomWeight

Finally settled on some new wheels which means the BBS set that are on at the moment will be available soon.

Will try and get some close ups of all wheels as soon as it stops being dark and miserable!

Condition is OK but a few scuffs and scrapes and starting to look a bit worn but I am pretty picky when it comes to these things.

The wheels can come with the tyres if wanted but they are pretty wrecked in my opinion (again, will get some decent photos when I can).

Sizes are:

Front - 9Jx18xET42 on 245x40 Goodyear Eagle F1

Rear - 10Jx18xET50 on 285/35 Goodyear Eagle F1

Similar set were sold on eBay by JM Imports recently that went for £255 so I'll be looking for something similar.

Any questions please feel free to ask. :thumbs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216061[/ATTACH]

I have a set of similar BBS (though the 17" size) on my Supra that I recently had refubed for £280, so effectively £600 for a clean set of BBS is very reasonable. Typing from a personal viewpoint, I'd probably prefer the tyres removed though as it just leaves the buyer to dispose of crap tyres and anyone attempting a home refurb would need to get the tyres removed first anyway.

Its not just the scuff and paint condition that matters with these wheels, its also the centre cap plastic securing ring which gets more than a little brittle and can lead to the hexagon nut departing from the threaded part. I mention this because you cannot get the centre caps anymore so the cap integrity is probably more important with these long time out of production 1990's wheels than the wheels themselves. Its also very hard to buy the correct size cap removal tool as well though they do occasionally come up on eBay from usually old scrapped BMW parts coming up for sale. So it'd be a clear bonus if you are selling the wheels with the cap removal tool.

I have a set of similar BBS (though the 17" size) on my Supra that I recently had refubed for £280, so effectively £600 for a clean set of BBS is very reasonable. Typing from a personal viewpoint, I'd probably prefer the tyres removed though as it just leaves the buyer to dispose of crap tyres and anyone attempting a home refurb would need to get the tyres removed first anyway.

Its not just the scuff and paint condition that matters with these wheels, its also the centre cap plastic securing ring which gets more than a little brittle and can lead to the hexagon nut departing from the threaded part. I mention this because you cannot get the centre caps anymore so the cap integrity is probably more important with these long time out of production 1990's wheels than the wheels themselves. Its also very hard to buy the correct size cap removal tool as well though they do occasionally come up on eBay from usually old scrapped BMW parts coming up for sale. So it'd be a clear bonus if you are selling the wheels with the cap removal tool.

I think I'll get the tyres ditched when I get my new ones set up then just to make it easier.

The wheel is fine as far as I'm aware but I'll definitely get a closer look at it all at the weekend and give a heads up as to what the caps are like. Thanks for the help :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic, but I see you most mornings go past Chelmsford ambulance station. You was also behind me the other week. I was in a bright yellow van with Essex Emergency written over it.

You would have thought a bright yellow van would be noticeable but amazingly I don't remember! I'll have to keep an eye out for you mate

Do these fit without arch work, and will they go over UK brakes?

Mine has no arch work and UK brakes and they fit but quite tight, mine struggled slightly because of standard suspension but a decent firmer suspension set up would handle it no problem.

I would powder coat these black and diamond cut the faces, would look great on my black car like that :D

Diamond cut lips are a nightmare. I have had my equivalent set to these refurbished three times over 18 years and gave up on the polished rims in the last go at them because water would always get under the lacquer where the valve seats or where it got chipped and result in nasty black blotches. Polishing definitely gives the better look if you don't ever plan to use the car in the wet but I'm on fully painted now with these wheels and it was the best decision I made.

If you do wheels yourself then go polished, its a really good look on these wheels.

For reference here is what a set looks like on a white Supra. I really do think they suit the car which is why I've never bothered to change them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216074[/ATTACH]

If you do wheels yourself then go polished, its a really good look on these wheels.

For reference here is what a set looks like on a white Supra. I really do think they suit the car which is why I've never bothered to change them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216074[/ATTACH]

Yep, nice, subtle, classy wheels on a stock body car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.