The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non-VVTi vs VVTi : the FACTS

Luxluc

I found this thread on SF super interesting.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?918697-GTE-non-VVTi-to-VVTi-conversion-Facts-and-myths

I have been playing with the idea to replace my non-VVTi head with a VVTi for some time now. Seing how superfast they spool compared to non-VVTi, it is certainly a big PLUS for a street Supra.

I think that may become my next winter project.

I wanted to share this info with you guys ; so far Jamie runs the only nice power Supra running VVTi, but I think it's the route to go.

I've driven/owned pretty much everything supra wise. IMHO VVTI is great, 2jz in stock form feels a pretty lazy old lump, but the VVTI brings it alive, it feels like a high comp engine when compared to non vvti. And on single turbo cars it gains you great spool time and just makes the car feel more lively. All round win imho

I've driven/owned pretty much everything supra wise. IMHO VVTI is great, 2jz in stock form feels a pretty lazy old lump, but the VVTI brings it alive, it feels like a high comp engine when compared to non vvti. And on single turbo cars it gains you great spool time and just makes the car feel more lively. All round win imho

Totally agree. VVTi on a 2JZ with a midsize turbo seems to be the perfect street combo

I removed the DBW On my car, I hated it. People say it's better with a vette TB though.

The stock DBW is pure arse. It's cable assisted DBW, so there's a mechanical delay. The Corvette TB is much, much better. It'll allow better pedal vs throttle mapping to your taste/liking and allow Syvecs to add an extra feature to the traction/launch strategies.