The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra active spoiler manual override modules

AndrewOW

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have still got one that was never fitted, PM me if you are interested.

My supra was never fitted with an active spoiler so I'm in need of the full loom version that AndrewOW made, is this the one you have? If so I will take it of you cheers, I notice your from bucks as am I so if not to far a I could pick it up?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fitted mine last weekend so thought I would do a quick review.

First impressions, the box was actually bigger than I was expecting, its a good solid piece of kit and looks very well put together.

The instructions were easy to follow, and it works a treat..!

My tips for installing would be:

1. Print the instructions if possible as the colour to pin codes are on the last page and I had to keep scrolling back and forth on the laptop between pages.

2. Use a little insulating tape between the pins that you put in to the ECU connector. They were a little close together and I was concerned they could potentially touch. This also helped to keep all the wires locked together and ensure they didn't 'pop' out when I shoved every thing back together as the double din stereo makes it all a bit tight back there!

3. Solder the power connection wires together. I used the connectors provided to start with, and while they were good ones i had issues with them and decided to get the soldering iron out.

4. Use a decent +12v for power (e.g power too stereo) I stupidly used the power that comes out of the stereo to turn the amp on to start with, and this was insufficient to activate the box. Thankfully Andrew was quick to help and give advice!

My only criticism, if you could call it that, would be that I could have done with the an extra inch or two on the ground wire to help wire it neatly to the ground point I wanted.

Overall im very happy with my purchase, and would happily recommend this to others wanting to whip out their active spoiler at the touch of a button!

Thanks Andrew :)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Do you still make these?

Spoke to Andrew last week and he doesnt make them anymore.

Typical as there are a few looking for a module. If I had a pattern or drawings I could make some but Andrew didnt have that either.

If someone has a drawing or one I can reverse engineer I will give it a go at making some coz I would like one as well

• 2 months later...
Guest pokaichip

Can anyone send me the instructions to install one of these? Since andrew isnt making them anymore. I think I have a good idea of how to make the switch just don't know what wires to splice into

Thanks

Delboys schematic is the spec that the modules were made to.

If it helps anyone in the future I have attached a schematic of the OEM spoiler operation. I did toy with building a controller that combined a manual override (down) with the standard automatic operation but I never finished it. It should simply be a case of fooling the ECU that the engine is off / stationary by disconnecting the input wires (via a relay) and deploying the spoiler. Would love to hear if anyone builds something?

spoiler_operation.gif

spoilerECUCircuit1.gif

spoilerECUcircuit2.gif

spoiler_override.gif

• 5 months later...