The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra active spoiler manual override modules

AndrewOW

There are approximately 20 pins on the ECU plug, and the module only uses 5 of them, so getting something switchable would mean a whole different approach, and this one just gives the user a basic Up/controlled Down, rather than speed related auto additions too.

The ECU has all kinds of extra things going on, and finding out what bit does what would take someone with a lot of experience. Garfy managed to get the module working in that form, and it works great IMO. :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how the garfy version works but it would be amazing if we could get a version that was switchable.

I found some circuit diagrams on the net of the ECU, one of them even has the manual control.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.htm

I know Heckler talked about making one of these controls a while back, is the there no way a few electronic geniuses could put their heads together and work out how to make one?

Another thought ... Do the UK Spec work differently do the J Spec spoilers. My J Spec will not manually lower the spoiler unless the engine is off, whereas Josh seems to believe that he can lower his spoiler at will, also this page seems to agree with Josh : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.gif

If a UK Spec can lower the spoiler at will, then that would be fine for me, the question then would be is it the ECU thats different or the wiring between J and UK spec's?

Heckler was once interested in buying the Blitz AS-C that was for sale on here once to copy it, he didn't buy it the end though :(

By the looks of it, the Blitz AS-C did exactly what Garfy's one does. Makes the spoiler fully manual, as it just has a better plug than Garfy's. I don't think it was auto/switchable, but I'm still looking in to it. :)

Another thought ... Do the UK Spec work differently do the J Spec spoilers. My J Spec will not manually lower the spoiler unless the engine is off, whereas Josh seems to believe that he can lower his spoiler at will, also this page seems to agree with Josh : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/spoiler1.gif

If a UK Spec can lower the spoiler at will, then that would be fine for me, the question then would be is it the ECU thats different or the wiring between J and UK spec's?

I don't think there is any difference to either, as Garfy had sold to UK owners as well as JSpec owners. My JSpec still has the original prototype in it, as mine was the guinea pig for it.

If you meant me, I can only put mine down if the ignition is on. When I turn the engine on, it goes back up and won't come down until the required speed is reached.

If you ever see my car parked, it will always be down :D

If you meant me, I can only put mine down if the ignition is on. When I turn the engine on, it goes back up and won't come down until the required speed is reached.

If you ever see my car parked, it will always be down :D

Ah sorry, I read your previous post as though you could get it to come down while you were driving.

By the looks of it, the Blitz AS-C did exactly what Garfy's one does. Makes the spoiler fully manual, as it just has a better plug than Garfy's. I don't think it was auto/switchable, but I'm still looking in to it. :)

I'm sure that the blitz one is auto/switchable. I remember reading it on here ages ago when I got the garfy controller.

I've heard different for Haydn ;)

This thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?124653-Blitz-Active-Spoiler-Controller-Fitted

And in particular post #12

Very interesting. Maybe the chap I spoke to didn't realise it goes back to automatic when the Auto/Off button is pressed? I would only assume that's how the Blitz controller works.