The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After broken, damage, odd Headlights, Headlight Inserts

DodgyRog

I am after some cheap as chips Headlights, outter condition is totally irrelavent, I just need the insides to be in perfect condition, especially the Chrome on the Rings..............everything else can be knackered

What have you got and how much do you want (be kind I am trying to fund the Dragonball at the moment)

I plan on trying to make some different insert out of my old ones, something along the lines of the ABFlug inserts, but would like to have some decents ones before experimenting on my peeled ones. so I can take my time, as I never do anything in a hurry

Post on here if you have something

Cheers Rog

Hi mate, Ive just had a look at mine and have some photos. I only have the driver side one but there is two little scratch marks on the ring. It's a bugger to capture on the photos though.

How much do you want for postage Iky ?

PayPal ok, if so, Pm me your PayPal details

I'll Pm my email to you, if you can get any sort of photo, can you send it over to me please

Cheers Rog

Actually Martin, I don't think that will work, as it has the extra ring on the high beam, so I would end up with odd lights

Thanks though and if someone comes forward with the other side, I will give you a shout back

Can you give me a price anyway, as I miht be tempted to buy it just in case the otherside appears

If you zoom in on the fog light area you'll see that nasty yellow. It is on the underside of the chrome ring and also a patch on the insert itself unfortunatly. It looks like a water stain the way the yellow is contoured, but it is the departed chrome layer rather than dirt.. Structurely the passenger one is fine, the driver side has a slight dremel wheel mark where I had to cut through a pipe which was my old headlight intake. Other than that both are useable/refurbishable.

I was going to bin them. Yours at postage cost for both.

If you zoom in on the fog light area you'll see that nasty yellow. It is on the underside of the chrome ring and also a patch on the insert itself unfortunatly. It looks like a water stain the way the yellow is contoured, but it is the departed chrome layer rather than dirt.. Structurely the passenger one is fine, the driver side has a slight dremel wheel mark where I had to cut through a pipe which was my old headlight intake. Other than that both are useable/refurbishable.

I was going to bin them. Yours at postage cost for both.

Let me know how much the postage is going to be and I can PayPal it over to you, I am intending to have a play with a set, to try and mimick the ABFlug inserts anyway, so if these are past it, I can use them for that I guess

Yeah they are a totally different shape, but they are just inserts

I am going to try and recreat the shape, it will proberbly turn out crap, my DIY is very limited:taped:

but I just fancy giving it a try, I would certainly never pay the stupid amount they cost

Nice one. Not seen those before.

Do you want a passenger lens to practice scrubbing the lines out on? The drivers side one has a 5" hole where the full beam is so is pretty much scrap..

Btw, do you want them posted quickly? Reason I ask is 2 inserts fit perfectly into a 12 bottle wine box. I have just the one box unless I can find another wino from work ;) Turnaround time for my inserts is about 10 days.

Nice one. Not seen those before.

Do you want a passenger lens to practice scrubbing the lines out on? The drivers side one has a 5" hole where the full beam is so is pretty much scrap..

Btw, do you want them posted quickly? Reason I ask is 2 inserts fit perfectly into a 12 bottle wine box. I have just the one box unless I can find another wino from work ;) Turnaround time for my inserts is about 10 days.

No rush at all, Supra is SORN now, so this is one of the many little jobs for the Winter months

Just post up here when you want the payment:thumbs:

I don't need the plastic lens thanks, I am putting them behind Glass if they work out

The £4.41 one will be fine bud, there is no hurry

Pm on the way with address details

Sent my inserts of to Essex today for their refurb. Delivery prices from the post office are as follows for just under 2kg.

Standard - £4.41

1st class - £7.10

Recorded - £7.95

Special delivery - £9.05

PM me your choice and a delivery address.

Hi mate, Ive just had a look at mine and have some photos. I only have the driver side one but there is two little scratch marks on the ring. It's a bugger to capture on the photos though.

Received today mate, thanks a lot bud, it will definately be used in some way

I will do your feedback when I get home later

I am still after some more of these if anyone else has some hidden away ;p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.