The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Highly modified UK 6 speed TT manual Supra BPU 400bhp

quez

Reluctantly, I am now looking at offers for my Supra. I'm only selling due to finally moving out of the 'rents house and can't realistically afford the high insurance/running costs no longer.

As per title, this is a UK spec 6 speed TT Supra. I originally bought the car back in 2008 if I remember correctly, from a member of these forums and the car was completely stock, 100% OEM, in red, with 85,000 miles on the clock. The car has a full service history, MOT, tax and is currently sitting on 102,000 miles.

I drove the car for roughly 2000 miles in the standard mould before modifying it into the car it is today.

Before any work was undertook at 87,000 miles, the car had a complete service including changing every single belt, fluid, filter, plugs and also had a brand new OEM clutch and flywheel fitted at the time, in the end totalling in roughly £1000 worth of maintenance work (I have reciepts for all work carried out).

Here is a comprehesive list of every modification carried out on the car:

WHEELS & SUSPENSION

SSR Professor SP1 - 19x9 +43 offset front, 19x10 +37 offset rear

Toyo T1R tyres - 235/35/19 front, 265/30/19 rear

Tein Mono Flex Coilovers

BPU Upgrades

Blitz Nur-Spec R Exhaust System

Double Decat

Greddy Profec B2 Boost Controller

Greddy Boost Cut Controller

Defi Racer Boost Gauge

AEM AFR Gauge

Greddy LS Intercooler

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve

EXTERIOR

Respray in custom RSP paint

Top Secret Type III Front Bumper

Veilside Combat Sideskirts

Veilside Combat Rear Spats

TRD Spoiler

Standard J-Spec Bonnet

Refurbed Front Lights Facelift Style

J-Spec Rear Lights

HID 6000k Kit

Clear Front Indicators

Clear Side Repeaters

Black Badges

Square Plates

Window Tints

INTERIOR/ICE

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Alpine IVA-W502R Headunit

Alpine PDX-1.1000 Amp

Alpine PDX-4.100 Amp

JL w6 12" Subwoofer

Alpine SPR-17C Speakers front and rear

17cm Speaker Brackets in doors

The car has had alot spent on it so I will only be considering respectable offers, roughly the wheels and tyres came to £3000, the respray £3000, coilovers £1000, ICE £2000 etc.

The car runs and drives flawlessly which is a credit to it's previous owners, the only issue I've ever have with the car in 3 years ownership is a turbo hose coming off which hasn't happened since it was reinforced.

Although this car is extremely quick, it was mainly built for looks since I live in an area surounded by small villages and towns and any extra power would have just been wasted on the small roads, the car however does pick up attention wherever it goes from people of all ages, a real head turner.

Concerning a UK MOT, one of the cat will have to be refitted to pass an emissions test and the rear lights will have to be swapped back over to UK spec ones which have a fog light incorporated. Both of these will be supplied with the car.

Bad points - The paintwork is slightly chipped on the rear passenger side and has a few scuffs near the sideskirt, as is the rear passenger wheel kerbed. I can get these points mentioned fixed at an agreed price beforehand since the bodyshop which carried out the work is only opposite the road from me although these points take nothing away from the car.

The front bumper has plenty of chips which is to be expected.

The front headlight refurb I did myself so aren't perfect, the seals aren't great and do mist up in colder weather, although again not majorly noticeable but would benefit from a nice set of facelift lights.

There are some stress cracks where any body parts have been blended in, again, to be expected and the car has endured 2 harsh winters outside, these things happen but hardly noticeable aswell.

The engine bay is still stock colour, wasn't bothered by it when I first got the respray done due to time restraints and since it has been my only car I haven't had the time to take it off road to complete.

Pictures really don't do the car justice, most of the pics are from a phone and I'm not the best photgrapher, but any questions or requests for more pictures are welcomed. Thanks for looking!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the comments!

SPG-26 - When planning my mods I didn't think the UK scoop would complement the rest of the car, I originally bought and fitted a TRD bonnet but the fitment was poor so I decided to go for a standard J-Spec bonnet to complement the lines.

SamuraiFlash - Sorry but I swapped my UK bonnet with a member for his J-Spec. Everything that was taken off the car or replaced has been sold, all I have left is the standard spoiler which isn't in great condition anymore if anyone else asks about parts.

GazzaGSi - The only part of the car which remains original colour is under the bonnet, all the door seals, boot seals, inside the doors etc have been resprayed, the car was completely stripped. Like I said the only reason the engine bay didn't get finished like originally planned was because I needed the car back and since it's been my only car the last few years I haven't had the time to have it off road for the time it would take.

I'm looking for offers around £10,000 which is what I paid for it 3 years ago. Bearing in mind that I'm reluctant to sell and don't really need to, there's always the option for me to take it off the road for 6 months/year just until I'm back on my feet and use a runaround until then, plus the fact that the car does have some rare features which are mostly seen state side such as the wheels (custom offsets and imported from Japan) and the RSP paint which I haven't seen on another Supra in the flesh, although I don't get out to many shows so there may be some out there!

It's cheaper on insurance due to being UK, never failed an MOT, has a top notch history and certainly since I've owned it has been serviced every 10,000 miles with all the top oils and fluids recommended on this site along with the benefit of having all the belts and clutch/flywheel changed at 87,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a very nice car and im loving the colour but 10k is too cheap in my book, unless i was buying

ofcourse and then its 4k too much seeing as its done over 100k and probably been driven while

it was raining or even worse blah blah blah lol

Put the price up i say :)

Remember the line in Mad Max :- shes the last of the v8's :) well this is one of the few UK TT 6 speeds :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.