The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BC Racing Coilover - Noise....?

Jamesy

are the retaining locking rings tight,

Yeah the rings are tight, my Tein's knock the same from cold but stop after a while.

Its definitely internal noise from the shock itself. I have had a few people say the same thing about the BC, even from new.

I think mine are set to medium softness.... will have a check ...

its just the rear nearside one that knocks but its driving me fu(king mad!!

The only way to sort it will be to replace the shock mate, I would give apex a call and see what they reckon but I don't think they service them.

The only way to sort it will be to replace the shock mate, I would give apex a call and see what they reckon but I don't think they service them.

ok mate will call Bren - can you replace just the shock not the spring or does it all come as one complete coilover unit?

Jamesy' date=' what do you class as medium? I've det mine to 6 clicks from softest at the front, and 3 at the rear, but still not happy with it. Can't decided whether it needs to be firmer or softer to sort it out!![/quote']

I'll need to check with Lee as he fitted them but they are rock solid or really soft .....

Has it lost its gas charge? If so they will knock a bit and stop as they warm up. As all gas is lost they'll hammer like hell and *ugger up internally. Do they use spherical bearing top mounts? If so cheap spherical bearings will start knocking after a bit. Internally, apart from leaking, dampers can have the piston valve come loose and that will knock, too.

I have exactly the same problem with my BC's. Got Lee to fit them last winter and they creaked a bit at first then not a whisper out of them all spring and summer, now it's started to creak again! I have now got them set to either 9 or 11 all round I think, but when I got her back from wheels in motion they had set them to 6 or 7

My HSD's have been on the car for a few years now, *touch wood*, they're still very smooth, totally silent, and dry as a bone.

I recommend them to everyone based on mine, Darron has just stuck a new set on his UK spec.

The new HSD's come with adjustable pillow ball top mounts too.

Well, my HSDs have been adequate so far, just over one year on there, mostly track abuse, including the ring. Mind you, one of the valve adjusters has broken, and the rear nearside squeaks under compression - could need some grease on the top ball joint.