The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Petrol creeping up again.

Pete

Just paid 100.9p. Had a very interesting conversation with a couple of Shell employees who told me that the optimax is going at this petrol station and in about a month they are putting in V-Power :D It will cost abit more though I was told :blink:

Just paid 100.9p. Had a very interesting conversation with a couple of Shell employees who told me that the optimax is going at this petrol station and in about a month they are putting in V-Power :D It will cost abit more though I was told :blink:

V-power is optimax. Its vpower in europe.

Not in Holland its not. Its badged up as 95 Ron and way more than a pound a litre. Also you think you pay big tax here try living in Holland. If it wasnt for the tax break I have because the nation cannot supply people that can do my job I wouldnt be able to afford to move there. Car tax on my range rover would be £300 a quarter for instance if I register it in Holland and then the import tax on it would cripple a small nation.

I think its just erosion of the public spirit that prevents protests as in Holland they are in a similar boat but feel helpless about it as much as we do. Unless we have not only a major change of government but also a complete replacement of the public servant system that stands behind it regardless of governmental party(these are the guys that really run the country)

Not in Holland its not. Its badged up as 95 Ron and way more than a pound a litre. Also you think you pay big tax here try living in Holland. If it wasnt for the tax break I have because the nation cannot supply people that can do my job I wouldnt be able to afford to move there. Car tax on my range rover would be £300 a quarter for instance if I register it in Holland and then the import tax on it would cripple a small nation.

I think its just erosion of the public spirit that prevents protests as in Holland they are in a similar boat but feel helpless about it as much as we do. Unless we have not only a major change of government but also a complete replacement of the public servant system that stands behind it regardless of governmental party(these are the guys that really run the country)

When I was in Holland in 2000 the Dutch were very pro Europe. Taxes were high, but the standard of living was good and eating and drinking out was very cheap. People were happy, and very liberal. Then they joined the Euro, and the cost of things pretty much doubled over night. When I went back in 2003 they were not happy at all, most people I spoke to felt cheated...

I thought the V-Power was 95RON, until I go chatting to one of the guys handing out V-Power leaflets one day. He told me that it's a higher Octane but they don't badge it for some reason. Like you say, bloody expensive too, not far off the UK.

Road Tax, Fuel Tax, Speed Camera's, Congestion Roads, Tolls...I'd love to know how much money the Govt rakes in from motorists on an annual basis - they cant be putting more than 10% of it back into the roads.

Maybe we should all stop using cars, the Govt would be crippled with debt within a year.

Oh, I read a few days back that Gordon Brown has frozen fuel duty till the end of the year as 'celebration' of his new born child.