Pictures of MKIV's with HID's

NOS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they quite easy to fit? im so tempted tbh. I'd have them on dip as i drive around with dip on all the time.

Piece of cake Al. Get the slim ballast jobs from ebay £40 I think.

You can bolt the ballasts in or just get the strong double back tape and stick them to a convenient spot on a bulkhead.

If, when you've fitted them they don't work don't despair, just turn the connector around. :)

Yes fit them to the dip :D They take a second or so to come on so having them on the high beams means you have to hold them on if you need to flash.

AFAIK my OEM HID's on my Integra are of the 4300k flavour and certainly aren't yellow :)

I have 4300k's on my daily driver and they give a much more natural light at night than the 6000's did on the Supra - they look pretty white too.

The 4300k are supposed to be the ones for best visibility and ultimately isn't that what bulbs are about?

Just in comparison they are a bit yellow. If you compare them to normal bulbs they look very white.

attachment.php?attachmentid=112174&stc=1&d=1276541608

attachment.php?attachmentid=112175&stc=1&d=1276541608

The 4300k do let out more lumens but not enough to make a marked improvement. The 4300-8000k range are all pretty similar. After the 8000k mark they just get silly.

IMG_0989-800.jpg

IMG_0990-800.jpg

Guys, I just took these pictures a minute ago of my headlights.

It looks as though the light on the outside is HID already or am I wrong?

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz122/Gulliver1/hid3.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz122/Gulliver1/hid2.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz122/Gulliver1/hid1.jpg

Looks like it. That's the fog lamp and a popular choice for HIDs. You should be able to see the wiring going to a small box about 3 cm square. That will confirm it.

Just fitted 6000k 55w to my high beams and 8000k 55w to both my main beam and fogs and I am quite chuffed. Not too blue at all IMO.

I fitted 6000k mains and high beams to my mates supra with 8000k fogs and I am glad I went with 8000k on my main beams.

Reason I got 6000k on my high beams was in case the 8000k was too blue I could swap the 6000k to my main beams but they are fine.

AFAIK my OEM HID's on my Integra are of the 4300k flavour and certainly aren't yellow :)

Agreed, I have 6000K in the fogs and dip and 4300K in the main beam, the 4300K are as white as you can get, no yellow at all. They even advertise 4300K as best for vision.

Agreed, I have 6000K in the fogs and dip and 4300K in the main beam, the 4300K are as white as you can get, no yellow at all. They even advertise 4300K as best for vision.

They are fairly yellow in comparison to 6000k. I posted a comparison earlier. The cold cathodes show up the yellow too.