The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4WD Supra!!

jevansio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daft, might as well jack it up and run it on a rally raid stage. Can't see the point, it won't do anything well...

You always say stuff like this whenever you see something slightly bigger than 67mm.. How did you get to the experience level you're at with big framed turbos? Clearly you must've tried your fair share of 80+mm turbos on proper built Supras.. no? ;)

You always say stuff like this whenever you see something slightly bigger than 67mm.. How did you get to the experience level you're at with big framed turbos? Clearly you must've tried your fair share of 80+mm turbos on proper built Supras.. no? ;)

No idea what you're on about...

I think the whole project is daft. It's not the turbo...I cannot see it doing anything well - but I don't mind if they prove me wrong.

Personally yes, I'd have a 61-71mm DBB if I was to have another road car, as I can't see the point in anything bigger.

If I was drag racing then obviously something in the high 80's to 90's would be good to use.

I prefer using the right tool for the job.

This tool is like a Swiss army knife, able to do lots of things, but none as well as a dedicated tool.

So I don't think your assumptions about me are correct.

Serious kudos to the brains that put it together. It must have taken some serious engineering skills to shoehorn it all in.

I think so much stuff has been done with the supra over the years, you'd think that all lines of modding had been exhausted. I take my hat off to anyone that thinks outside the box, and is willing to put all that hard earned into something that hasn't been tried.

It's like the member on here (who's name escapes me) who is supercharging his NA. He got a fair bit of negative comments for going down the S/C route, especially as the tried and tested turbo conversion is availble. I commend anyone who is willing to do things differently.

• 2 weeks later...