The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High & unusual idling from N/A Manual.

carl0s

Went to look at the 'Ruby Red' SZ 5sp in Bradford on Friday with the tart, and I noticed that it was idling at around 1800rpm. When the a/c condensor kicked in, the revs actually dropped instead of rising.

Also the gases from the exhaust felt much hotter than my TT. Is this normal due to the higher comp. engine?

Does the high idle point to anything serious?

cheers.

Went to look at the 'Ruby Red' SZ 5sp in Bradford on Friday with the tart, and I noticed that it was idling at around 1800rpm. When the a/c condensor kicked in, the revs actually dropped instead of rising.

Also the gases from the exhaust felt much hotter than my TT. Is this normal due to the higher comp. engine?

Does the high idle point to anything serious?

cheers.

Was it idling high when the engine was cold? All Na's idle at around that when cold, there is a technical reason for it but I can't remember what it is at the mo. If the A/C kicks in when its idling high it will drop the revs about a 100 or so.

My N/A idles EXACTLY as my old TT used to.....

Cold-Start is ~1,800-2,000 for about 20-30seconds then slowly

falls over about 2 minutes down to ~1,000.

Then takes a bit longer to finally fall to ~800.

That's just totally normal "choke"-type behaviour on ALL Soops.

I's also typical of OTHER Toyotas i think (at least the ones we've had at work)

The only time i had any different was on my TT when the idle went up to ~1,300 when HOT. This turned out to be some cr*p caught in the ICV thingie.

FatS.

She's decided she doesn't want that one anyway, I was just curious. Thanks :)

Hey Carlos, she still seriously wants a Supra, remind me to keep away from Lytham then :D. I suppose at least it was an N/A.

sorry mate that was too easy :unfair: .... expecting the flames :whistle:

Where abouts in Bradford was it, I have seen a red Soop parked up out towards Clayton Heights, (I think Great Horton Road) by a chippy was it that one.

Mike