The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Theres one in every town............

MichaelG

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this Vielside MG ZR:

Quite clearly what makes this car complete is the set of clear repeaters stuck into the wire mesh in the bumper grilles, and the poor attempt at making his number plate in any way resemble the word "Sex" lol What saddens me is that companies actually invest time and money on making replica knock off Veilside kits for these cars !! :confused:

17 year old driver...........too many Max Power mags and hormones possibly ? :twak:

Quite possibly !! :D

You know what i dont understand, sitting looking at that photo ?

The car has probably cost what ........about 9k ? The wheels and treads possibly another grand, the kit no doubt about £2k fitted and painted with all the chopping etc and grafting required to make it fit, mirrors a hundred quid or so, thats circa £12k + on an MG ZR that looks ****

Surely he/she could have chosen to better spend £12k on something else regardless of age or driving experience ? If i were a teenager, had £12k for a car, and was limited to engine CC would i feck be doing all that to an MG thats gonna be booking at about £3500 in a year or two !! :looney:

Michael

oi ! a lot of people I know are modders and do spend loads of cash on their cars when you would of thought that they would buy something decent.

However what you possibly arnt seeing is that for a lot of them it's a chance to express their individuality. They live at home, are fashion consice (sp) and so end up wearing similar styles and so need to try and find some other avenue for being diffierent. Hence speending money on their pride and joys.

As for the bad driving etc - i'm prettu sure that we all did similar but maybe are recollections are a bit fogged with time ;).

And to be hoenst - I'd rather have 17yr old kid spending money on his car rahter than going out and buying 6 bottles of white lightning and setting in the local park vomiting /and causing aggro.

*Most* Modders do put a lot of thought and effort into what they do to there cars and at the end of the day they like it and they arnt asking you to buy it.

(sorry bit of a raw nerve there !)

Have to say I agree, I personally think it looks silly, but I know the bloke who owns it (from essex hence the number plate!), and you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

I think it's a pretty good example anyway, I posted it because of all the Vielside copy comments but it's not too bad, at least it's designed for the car!!!

What really bugs me is all the huge touring spoilers on FWD cars - WHY???

I guess its all about personal taste. Nearly every modified car I see looks totally crap to me and are a complete waste of money but obviously they look good to their owners. Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in that MG and for that sort of money there's loads of good cars you could get.

There are probably people that see Supras with huge spoilers, loud exhausts, neon's, bodykits and stickers all over them and think the same! :eek:

Dangerous, What exactly are you trying to say about Basingstoke then huh??

There is nothing wrong with it, it is a lovely place to live..

We have got festival place, cinemas... car parks.... all the things needed to be a lovely place...

Gav

PS : Just kidding, yeah it is a crap-hole, filled with chav's in their suzuki swift 1.3's... :p

I had a MK3 cortina when i was 17 with whip aerials and fur interior etc and i used to drive everywhere like a c**t , i look back and cringe :cry: by the time i was 18 i had a Trans Am and some street cred , after that came a succesion of Dolly Sprints all tuned up :nana:

Dude :donkey:

oi ! a lot of people I know are modders and do spend loads of cash on their cars when you would of thought that they would buy something decent.

However what you possibly arnt seeing is that for a lot of them it's a chance to express their individuality.

One word...Cobblers. Individuality? putting the same lexarse lights, the same Kingdom bumper, those M3 mirrors and a bee-sting aerial. They all look the same.

And to be hoenst - I'd rather have 17yr old kid spending money on his car rahter than going out and buying 6 bottles of white lightning and setting in the local park vomiting /and causing aggro.

I'd prefer the latter, I don't go in the local park at all. Whereas I see these automotive abortions all day long. Christ, if I ever see a standard Nova, I'll buy it there and then and start a museum.

*Most* Modders do put a lot of thought and effort into what they do to there cars and at the end of the day they like it and they arnt asking you to buy it.

Have a look at the floating turds in the cesspit of eBay's car section for some of the "one-off" "head turners" that they are asking us to buy.

One word...Cobblers. Individuality? putting the same lexarse lights, the same Kingdom bumper, those M3 mirrors and a bee-sting aerial. They all look the same.

I think it's more about being noticed than being different to other modders. Admittedly they should be noticed for the right reasons like when people give the thumbs up as I drive past!! But it's the same reason kids are naughty to get attention I suppose!

I'd prefer the latter, I don't go in the local park at all. Whereas I see these automotive abortions all day long. Christ, if I ever see a standard Nova, I'll buy it there and then and start a museum.

I disagree, this latest bloody generation is going downhill rapidly, they get away with murder the last thing we want is more alcoholics!!

Have a look at the floating turds in the cesspit of eBay's car section for some of the "one-off" "head turners" that they are asking us to buy.

If only they learnt to spell. :conf:

Dude we must be from the same era! Cortina Mk3 fur inside, whippy aerials,jacked up rear with a red light on the axle! Pure class.

Ended up with a tuned X flow in her !!!! Man that thing was the fastest car on the road , apart from the fact that id get pulled twice a night !!!

Dude :nana:

Trans Am at 18!

Yup Adrian whilst i was 18 i had a Trans Am and Camaro , my mates had

1) RS 3.1 capri

2) Dolly Sprint 16v with 48 webbers /race cam etc

3) GT 6 Triumph

4) SDI Rover V8 Twin Turbo

5) and one weirdo had a Lada , he had no mates so when we went clubbing we made him drive :D , and when we went out in the cars he couldnt keep up so we could allways lose him !!! :nana: worked out pretty well :eyebrows:

Dude :burp: