damientt

In case you are ever in doubt:

day = no lights

dusk = sidelights

night = headlights

fog = foglights

I live an even simpler life to you..

day = no lights

dusk = headlights (Can't see the point, I'd only forget to switch up from sidelights)

night = headlights

fog = headlights, unless it's really bad and I'm not in traffic.

Nothing worse then a little mist drifting off the fields and all of a sudden the DCW is like Christmas.

Or it is foggy and you cannot see anything cos of the glow of the car in front..

might not be a problem for you.

But everyone else is pissed of because your blinding them.

If we are talking about front, standard, supra foglights only, and they are aligned correctly they should not be dazzling anyone. The front fogs should be pointing down, and the beam projected only a few feet in front. :)

It is a pet hate of mine where some cars drive with only their front fog lights on when they are very low. In dark conditions I sometimes find it hard to judge the distance/size of an oncoming vehicle. Having said that, I quite often drive with only my fogs/sides on during dusk - I justify this to myself because on a standard supra the fog light is in the main cluster (I only really use them so people can see me easily).

If we're talking about people driving with their rear fog lights on, don't even get me started..............:rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear the police actually do somethinig about people driving round with fog lights on.

It really pisses me off when I see sidelights and foglights on at dusk - what's the point? (Ignoring the fact that doing this in a 3 series BMW is obviously so so cool!)

Regarding the original point - I'd pay the fine and maybe write a letter about attitude etc if I really had nothing better to do.

Of course, poor old law breaking motorists never have an attitude problem do they? Especially when they get pulled and dealt with? ;)

I appreciate that the NIPS sorry the PSNI have far more important things to be dealing with but then if you hadn't of been driving with your fog lamps on then perhaps there wouldn't have been reason to stop you. :shrug:

the front fog light rule is daft as 1) they are optional (front ones anyway as far as i recall) 2) if correctly fitted they point down and to the sides to highlight the side of the road and lane (as stated above.) however the rule exists and some cops have an issue with it. i would not complain about moody cops as a general rule as it can bring trouble you don't need, like being stopped for little or no reason by petty officer angry and his pals (they will find something wrong with your car if they try hard.) not that you should be afraid of such acts in this country but would that be worth it over this when you accept you are in the wrong?

yip i do know the rule of law that applies (as i clearly said above!) - i am simply saying it is apt when applied to the rear light(s) as it dazzles but should not apply to the front for the converse reason. simple as that, so "duh" to you too.

More DUH to you for getting caught and fined, and then crying about it........ Free lesson - Dont drivewith your FOGS on, unless its FOGGY :D

I can't be arsed to go out and check, but is there an indicator to tell you you've got your fogs on. I don't remember seeing one on the Supe, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Mike

Im not sure either Mike, but not to worry. If your car doesnt come with an indication light inside, other motorists are happy to point it out with the international 'you have your fog lights on and its not foggy mate' wave:

http://my.opera.com/bcdc/homes/blog/Wanker.jpg

:)

I do agree with the attitude ive been pulled over a few times i was speeding i never denied the officer spoke to me respectuflly no attitude told me to take it easy and let me go. But you do get the odd pricks, when i was driving my 1.2 fiesta lights went green accerlated slightly from bout 1700 to 2500rpm then changed gear to 2nd. next thing i know got pulled over and some stupid women officer tried to tell me in my shitty fiesta that i was wheel spinning and that was dangerous. I went mad i told them straight and the they didnt like it 1bit checked my details and let me go knobs.